Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 13, 2006, 09:10 PM
    Val again you have come up with the most profound statements:

Do you know the difference between real gold and fool's gold?
    I can assure you we will see this one again.

Skell, sometimes it is very hard to hide my disdain for selfish people who don't give a damn about any one but themselves and have the utmost nerve to be sensitive about it.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2006, 10:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Val again you have come up with the most profound statements:

I can assure you we will see this one again.

Skell, sometimes it is very hard to hide my disdain for selfish people who don't give a damn about any one but themselves and have the utmost nerve to be sensitive about it.
    Im hearing you there Tal.
    giggles Posts: 143, Reputation: 27

Nov 13, 2006, 10:45 PM
    Fluffy Clouds,
    My advice: you are young, 21 and the world is bigger than this.
    There are hundreds, thousands, millions of men. It's a shame you feel love for this man, but you can feel love for other men. It's totally within your capacity.
    If your best friend was in the same situation, what would you tell her?
    You would want someone for her who would appreciate her, who could be with her wholeheartedly, who would be proud of her, and who would be proud to show her off.
    I'm not going down the line of other people here, because it's been said,
    BUT THEY ARE ALL RIGHT
    Have these criteria in a mate:

Someone who is proud of you
    Someone who is inspired by you
    Someone who respects you
    Someone who INTRODUCES you

A lot of women (and I definitely include myself in this!) often make the mistake of overlooking this simple list. If someone introduces you to their close friends, it shows a pride in your company. This is the highest indicator of a mans respect for you. This man can't introduce you to anyone. He may have feelings for you, but they are not free - and that's not by a "trap". He is in a chosen situation. He has married someone.
    THREE LITTLE FACES CALL HIM "DADDY". Show some strength. You would not want this for yourself, for your children or for your friends. Be brave. Walk and let someone else enter your life.
    But take time to heal. You obviously don't believe you are good enough for a proper relationsihp. So get some space for yourself, and do things that other 21 yr olds do- like getting drunk and kissing guys your own age, silly dancing at nightclubs, and going to parties.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2006, 10:47 PM
    If I ever find myself in a car with someone who has shut their eyes and is stepping on the gas and is asking what to do, I'm going to yell (not kindly suggest) "open your eyes and hit the brakes before something really awful happens"... and probably not that kindly either...

Sometimes the best advice is to simply tell someone to get their head out off their a$$. And not mince words doing it.

Look, this isn't "make me feel better about myself irregardless of the circumstances"... it's a help desk. You're doing a dumb thing and acting like you are helpless. get over yourself.

You need to grow up in so many ways. You want to hear it kindly? Fine. Ill try.

1) keep your panties on dear.

2) reach around to your back. Feel the bumps? Those are your vertebrae. Its your backbone. Learn to use it in the strength-of-will sense, not the lay-down-on-it-and-forget-rule-#1 manner.

3) have more respect for yourself and a little more dignity. Until you do, you're likely to keep wondering why you keep having these things "happen" to you. The "i just can't help myself" talk is just plain sad at best.

4) when you ask for help, especially when you KNOW you are being a fool, don't expect others to coddle you and get you warm milk and a pop tart. Tough love is sometimes what you need... and you really do need it.

Well crap... that wasn't kindly. Oops. Couldn't help myself.

End it now. Like right now. Or go on being a person you don't like very much. It REALLY IS that simple. Really.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

So... my EX is getting married in about 10 days... [ 13 Answers ]

Why does this bother me! I can't really figure it out. I KNOW I would never get back together with her even if she did come back to me... but it does! I feel moody, pissed off, and snappy with everyone! I have been dating, and realize she is not for me... but I can't get past this right now. Why? I...

Married and in love with another [ 24 Answers ]

I've been married almost 31 years. Children raised and on their own. Grandchildren now. Over the years, I've had many affairs. Actually thought that part of my life was over and it was time to accept I was getting older and accept where my life had led me. Then I met a co-worker face to...

Getting Married! [ 9 Answers ]

I met my wonderful fiancé 10 months ago and we are planning to get married on our 1 year anniversary which is in August. I am 19 and he is 35, but I really do not think the age matters although some people say it does. I was wondering cause we :eek: cannot decide where to get married at:eek: . I...

Should I get married? [ 15 Answers ]

Here's my problem: I'm in the us army reserves and my unit has been called on active duty, now that I'm going to be leaving for a year my boyfriend wants to get married. I've been with my boyfriend for going in 2yrs. And we know in our hearts that we want to spend the rest of our lives...

Why did I get married? [ 9 Answers ]

I am 28 years old and when I met my husband 5 years ago he was perfect. 3years into the relationship I got pregnant and about 3 months later married. When I had my beautiful baby boy he was hardly around because he was in the police academy. I would only see him on weekends. So I decided to move...

View more questions Search