Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smexylexy1306 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2006, 10:57 AM
    Singing
    How do I get myself out there and show people how good I am at singing?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2006, 05:14 PM
    Go on American Idol?

Or make a demo tape and put it on the web, show it to some people and all...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 12, 2006, 05:48 PM
    Ok, you did not say where you were from, ( what nation) what type of music you sign, ( rap, folk, christian, modern, fox tox or what) that can also make a difference of what you do.

My wife is a performer and artist, with two CDs out at this point.
    She is a Christian singer which is one of the harder areas to get into.
    She started by singing for free at nursing homes, town events, in churches. She traveled 5 states losing money each time she sang.

But then she started being known, We got a call one year from the John Lennon Bus to sponsor it in Atlanta ( where we used to live) She got mention on CNN world news that week.

Because she also teaches music Star Search actually called her for her to send them people to be on their show.

She got invited to the Blue Bird Café and has been at the Star Dust in Nashville.

Ok, she is not at the top yet, still barely paying her way as she performs, and we are not selling a million on any CD yet, but we keep going.

The trouble with Christian singers is there is not a lot of paying places to sing at. Most split a gate, or just take up a collection for you. Money is in selling CDs after the sing. Also denomination gets in the way often at too mnay churches also.

So you find a place to sing this weekend, and somewhere else next weekend, and keep going till you make it. You find some real showcases and do them, you save up and make a demo tape ( CD) and send them out.
    yoursonlymine Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Jan 3, 2007, 08:29 AM
    Any music studio will be more than willing to take your money find a cheap one and records some tracks like the other guy said make a demo. It dosen't matter how good you are if you are paying by the hr they will record you. Then creat a myspace music account.put your music on there and promote your myspace page. This is a great start for someone that is trying to creat a local buzz. There is way more stuff to do after that but that is a lot right there. There is defferent ways of getting out there but you can't follow what worked for the next person you got to creat your own path.trust me I know
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2007, 08:34 AM
    1. Make a video
    2. Put it up on YouTube
    3. Show your friends and get them to show their friends
    4. Become an internet phenomenon
    5.. .
    6. Profit
    Mizznewsinger Posts: 4, Reputation: -1

Feb 1, 2007, 06:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smexylexy1306
    Form a group and you start making songs try to start singing in open area's where people are around you don't know who will be there mabye a producer but if you need and member hit me up at [email protected]
    Menace Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Feb 1, 2007, 08:40 PM
    I know how you feel smexylexy I need 2 know how to start rapping.
    rockstar567 Posts: 77, Reputation: 2

Jun 17, 2007, 12:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smexylexy1306
    Just audition for musicals.. & show all those people that you can DO IT
    AmyLeefreak Posts: 69, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2009, 04:02 PM

Just get out there and sing! I only wish I could sing half as good as the people at my school and all they do is cry about how their not good enough and stuff, Sorry for my out burst. But, do something, anything! Call people! Post up papers with your name! Have a little concert thing in your back year! Get out there you can do it.
    tigerlil79 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2010, 09:38 AM

Im only in seventh grade! I think I can help though! See if there are any karoke nights anywhere in your town!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to get into singing [ 16 Answers ]

Hey I really what to be a singer and that's all I can think of do you now of any ways to get to the singing business I would love to hear what you have to say... p.s want to be a singer really badly! :eek:

Singing Pipes [ 6 Answers ]

My pipes have been "singing" lately, especially during the hottest days. Everything outlet (kitchen sink, dishwasher, toilet, lavatory, shower) in the house causes the sound. It occurs mainly with the hot water, but the cold cause it intermittenly Over the weekend we found that the sound travels...

Singing [ 3 Answers ]

I want to be a singer when I grow up but I have problems writing songs wha should I do? I have no idea.

Singing Career [ 3 Answers ]

:) Hi I was just wondering if you can please help me get a singing career I write my own songs record them on tape and listen to myself but it's hard to find a career around where I live please help:)

View more questions Search