Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andrei10000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2009, 08:46 PM
    Directly overhead rain shower pipe that's crooked.
    I have the same problem; I bought a rain shower head with a straight pipe that connects from the wall pipe, however with I put it all together and rain shower head is crooked because of the pipe that stopping screwing on at an awkward position, maybe 20 degrees. What should I do?

P.S. I do not have access to the pipes behind the wall- it's inside a condominium
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 9, 2009, 06:50 AM

Are you saying the threads bottomed out before the shower arm was at the correct angle? Have you put 5 or 6 turns of Teflon Tape on the threads and tried again? Since there's not much pressure on the joint It really doesn't have to be tightened like a pressurized joint. Snugging it up so it's tight enough not to twist should be OK.
    Good luck, Tom
    cyberheater Posts: 321, Reputation: 12

Dec 9, 2009, 07:22 AM

What pipe are you attaching it too? The angled arm that comes out from the wall that had the original shower head on it? I was trying to understand your post above, please let us know if you attached it to the angled arm that had the shower head on it, or if you took that arm off to the location at the wall.

Does this new rain head come with it's own pipe/arm, or is it just a 'head" itself?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rain pipe leak [ 5 Answers ]

The rainwater drains from the roof of our house through the PVC pipe which is in the wall to the water tank below the house level and then we use that rainwater for our garden. That pipe is close to 40 years old and it seems like it has cracked or developed some other kind of leak because the wall...

Directly overhead rain shower pipe that's crooked. [ 1 Answers ]

I had a contractor that installed an overhead rain shower that isn't straight. I can adjust the shower head itself so that the water comes down straight but the pipe coming out of the ceiling directly overhead is still crooked. Is there any way to correct? An offset pipe? It's probably 20 degrees...

Directly overhead shower installed on a slight angle [ 2 Answers ]

I had a contractor that installed an overhead rain shower that isn't straight. I can adjust the shower head itself so that the water comes down straight but the pipe coming out of the ceiling directly overhead is still crooked. Is there any way to correct? An offset pipe? It's probably 20 degrees...

Crooked cast iron drain pipe [ 1 Answers ]

I have a shower unit in the basement which began leaking when I started using it last year. I tried replacing the drain but that only stopped the leaking for a few weeks. It leaks steadily when in use, under the shower base, under the studs and into the laundry room. The entire shower unit was...

Setting a toilet on a crooked pipe [ 5 Answers ]

I am about to install a toilet in my basment. But the PVC waste pipe coming up through the concrete and subfloor is not perfectly level... it is cocked just a bit. Its not coming out at a 45-degree angle or anything... just slightly off perpendicular. I imagine (hope) that once I cement the...

View more questions Search