Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thaliah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2009, 01:47 PM
    Root canal through crown
    I recently had a root canal done through a crown and now I need the hole of the top surface filled. My dentist office says I need a "core build up" which is quite expensive. Don't I simply need a filling?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2009, 02:42 PM

If there's a crown there, I would think so. But, your dentist should be the expert.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2009, 04:38 PM
    It would depend if there is decay under the crown. If there is, you'd need to have a core build up done to support a new crown.
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Dec 11, 2009, 04:26 PM

If you need a new crown, yeah you need the core.. if he is charging you for a core to simply put amalgam or composite in the hole in the top of the crown (which does not even need freezing most times, that's not right... he should charge for a "one surface restoration"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Root canal/crown [ 1 Answers ]

I had a crown and root canal earlier this year. I also have 2 crowns next to it. #16 is crown/canal, # 15, 14 have crowns no root canals. I don't feel those 2 bothering me, They are not sensitive or any other feelings to them. The # 16 has ( or seems) to be bothering me. I went to the dentist...

Root Canal/Crown [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I had root canal and crown done 4.5 yrs ago, 6 months ago, I felt pain from that tooth, and got it checked lately... my dentist said that its infected and shaky... option given was either I extract it or redo the whole process of root canal and new crown? I thot root canal is ridding the...

Why not do a root canal before crown [ 5 Answers ]

I don't know why my dentist did 4 crowns 3 weeks ago. It has been hurting very bad and now I need two root canals on two of the teeth.

Crown/root canal [ 6 Answers ]

I had a tooth ground down for a crown which then needed a root canal after the grinding. The first part of the root canal was fine. After the second visit, when filling the canals, the pain was intense and did not go away. Dentist gave me a shot of inflammatory medicine during which he hit...

Crown lengthening and root canal [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I had a root canal done on my first upper back molar and it was sore for a few days after it was done and even after that it was never completely normal. It felt a little like its root tips inside the bone were a bit strange - not achey or pain- just a little weird. Two months later, I have...

View more questions Search