Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clatcar33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2009, 10:42 AM
    Filing for siblings
    I am a green card holder who would like to file for my sister. How do I go about doing so.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Dec 8, 2009, 11:06 AM

No, you can't do that... green card holders can file for spouse and children only.

You must wait until you become naturalized. BTW filing for siblings takes very long time, between 12-25 years depending on country you come from.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adopting my siblings [ 1 Answers ]

My mother died recently leaving behind me and my four siblings. I am 25 and have a stable home with my fiancé. Our father left when I was 14 and has not been in contact since. My siblings (three boys and a girl) have been placed with me and my fiancé temporarily. What are my rights regarding...

Filing for siblings [ 2 Answers ]

Hello .if I am an us citizen am I allowed to file for my sister:)

Filing for siblings [ 2 Answers ]

How long will it take when filing for a sibling

2 siblings won't agree to sell home owned jointly by 4 siblings [ 1 Answers ]

I am one of 4 siblings who co-own a lake home that we received from our mother. Two siblings need to sell their share of the property to raise cash, and two siblings refuse to sell the property or buy out the two who wish to sell. Do the two who need to sell their share of the property have any...

Filing status as Married Filing Jointly or Filing Separately [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been in USA on L1 for the following time period: May 2006 to January 2007. August 2007 till Date. According to the substantial presence test, I completed my 183 days in US in November 2007. So during 2007 I was a dual status alien. My non-working spuose and year old...

View more questions Search