Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    popgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2009, 09:48 AM
    How to get insurance to pay on our house fire
    We had a fire in our house 4 months ago. Check was sent for the rebuilding of the house but we are still waiting for personal property check and living expense check. How long should it take?
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2009, 09:27 PM

Have you called your insurance company? Often they don't cut one big check for a large loss; they may choose to issue smaller checks as you replace your personal items. Plus, they have to have time to verify certain items... so if you say you had a couple 60-inch plasma TVs, laptops, stereos etc (or whatever) they will want some proof that you actually owned those items. Also, have you been diligent in getting this documentation to them? They are not going to stay after you to provide the proof.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My insurance will not pay out [ 1 Answers ]

My insurance will not pay for my roof it is leaking but I have applied to a council for a grant for a new roof through a charity but the damage to the inside walls is my insurance covered for this as the walls are damp and the wallpaper hanging off thanks

Home Fire with no renters insurance [ 4 Answers ]

I have a three year old son and a fiancé. We just suffered from a home fire on 10/15/2009, thankfully we were able to get out of the home that we were renting safely. We just rented the property in July and ended up losing everything that we worked for along with having to move in temporarily...

Fire - no renter's insurance - negligent landlord [ 4 Answers ]

We suffered an apartment fire and lost almost everything we own. Among those lost items were antiques, electronics, all of our wedding gifts taken out of the boxes a few days before, homemade quilts, paintings, etc. The owners were using acetone to dissolve varnish on a badly refinished wood floor...

Will my homeowners insurance still pay our losses from our house fire if we foreclose [ 3 Answers ]

We had a garage fire in December and our house has not been rebuilt yet. Our Public Adjuster is working with our Insurance provider and they haven't come to an amount agreement. In the meantime my husband and I are broke and we can't afford our house payments anymore. At the time of purchase we...

Car + Insurance +Fire [ 3 Answers ]

Have a question.. I really get kind of paranoid in some situations, so I wanted to clear it up. First.. I bought a car through a credit union. They financed me for $8k. I got behind two months because of troubles with work . I was living off savings and trying to keep spending as small as...

View more questions Search