Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ters Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2006, 08:19 AM
    Lan To Lan Internet Sharing Help!
    Hi,
    Tnx for reading.. hope you can help me.. here is my question with all the information I can think..

I have 2 computers
    I'm using windows XP SP2
    I don't have any router or switch
    My 1st computer have an internet connection with 2 lancards
    My 2nd computer have no internet connection with 1 lancard
    I have a crossover connection of my UTP cable
    I connect through LAN to LAN
    I can share my files in my network and also I can play any network games..

But I cannot setup my internet to share my internect connection..
    My 2nd PC can't detect the internet that I shared..
    What will I do? Any suggestion? Tnx
    3v3rm0r3 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2006, 08:24 PM
    What I know so far is that one internet line going to one computer results in one IP address
    If you have one internet line going in one comp then jumping it to another comp that means one line of internet to two comp will probably yield only one IP address
    So thus the second PC will not get online since it does not have an valid IP address
    tpeters Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Nov 29, 2006, 09:10 AM
    Internet Connection Sharing (ISC) as implemented by Micro$oft is hard to use and doesn't work very well. Get a hub/switch. If you get only 1 ip address from the ISP, get a router instead. They're under US$100. The router goes out to the internet one end, and to your PC's at the other end.

If you're dialup, disregard this answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lan [ 2 Answers ]

What are the color config. Of cable for connecting a switch to a hub in LAN.. Tariq... Electronics Engineer.

About sharing processor resources in LAN [ 1 Answers ]

Heloo I have 2 Desktop PC connected to each other by lan and MS networking. Can any body help : How I can share the processor resources so that when I am using one PC, Other PC's processor resource being utilised. Is it possible Thanks Dr. Rao

New LAN connection [ 3 Answers ]

How would i be able to create a lan between my desktop and laptop, Please anybody help me Too urgent.

LAN to LAN via Internet... [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, First hope that I'm not causing heaache for you... If not please continue... I'm building up another Domain(no forests and no trees), that domain will be in another location. So I'll have two local area networks, where each of them is in a totally different and distant...

Setting up an Internet Lan wireless Network [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to get wireless internet for my house and I am totally clueless so I hope you guys could help me out here. Firstly I want to share my internet between like 3-4 computers (2 desktop, 2 laptop) through a wireless router. I also hope able to connect all of them through a lan network...

View more questions Search