Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmenator Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2006, 07:50 AM
    Removing Hardset Tile Mastic from Concrete Floor

I need to remove a hardset ( not glue type) mastic from a large area of concrete floor.
    The mastic is almost as hard as the concrete and must be ground down in order to lay carpet.
    I am currently using a floor belt sander with hardest grade paper.
    It's moving at just about a snails pace.
    Is there a beter tool or a surface prep that might reduce labor time.

Paul Maynard
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Nov 13, 2006, 11:50 AM
    Maybe try an electric floor scrapper. They're available at rental centers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing black adhesive from floor before installing new vinyl tile [ 6 Answers ]

I have a bathroom (at the church I belong to) that has a hard type of vinyl tile in it. A toilet has overflowed 2 times in the past and flooded the floor. As a result, a lot of the tile has come loose. I have the replacement VINYL tile, but need to know how to continue. Under the tile is black...

Removing Set Tile Grout [ 7 Answers ]

My Son-in-law Tiled His Bathroom Floor And Did Not Wash The Grout Off The Tiles When He Was Done. Consequently, It Hardened. I'm Wondering Whether There's A Solvent For This Hardened Grout. The Tiles Do Not Have A Smooth Surface, But Rather Many Small Depressions And Grooves With The Hardened Grout...

Removing cement Mastic [ 6 Answers ]

I have removed tile from a cement floor. On the surface of the floor is the cement mastic that held the tile. How do I remove it? I really don't want to spend the next three weeks chiseling it off. Is there another way that is not so time consuming? The mastic is really bonded directly to the...

Removing Ceramic Tile from concrete slab [ 2 Answers ]

I am in th process of removing ceramic tile from my back porch. We are having a pool installed and need the slab scraped clean so they can float it install acrylic deck. I was told by the contractor that the surface needed to be as smooth as possible. Removing the tile was not difficult, I...

Raising a floor drain in concrete floor [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old concrete floor with a newer pvc type drain. The floor slopes about 1.5" over 2' around the drain so I would like to raise the drain in order to level the floor to install ceramic tiles. I'm still going to ensure the floor slopes toward the drain just enough. I figure I need to...

View more questions Search