Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    palmetto_gal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2009, 05:25 PM
    Termination 12/31/08 cobra subsidy eligibility
    If I am involuntarily terminated at the end of December and my insurance coverage lasts through 12/31/09, doesn't that mean I am not technically "COBRA eligible" until 1/1/10?
    jef1056 Posts: 70, Reputation: 5

Dec 9, 2009, 02:21 PM
    Yes, Unless there is an extension of the subsidy you are out of luck. If it is an amicable separation, maybe you could ask them to term both you and the insurance 12/30.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cobra eligibility [ 5 Answers ]

If an employee quits due to a reduction in salary (not hours) is he eligible for cobra?

COBRA Subsidy [ 3 Answers ]

Are independent contractors eligible for the new ARRA Cobra subsidy?

Cobra subsidy [ 3 Answers ]

Our company terminated several employees on 9/1/08 who were entitled to continuing severance payments through June of 2010 (22 months). Their health insurance benefits are being continued as through they are active employees through the entire severance period. Their eligibility for cobra will...

Disability and COBRA subsidy [ 3 Answers ]

I was disabled in the early Fall of 2008, and I elected to carry COBRA coverage. The premiums for my wife and I pay are horrendously expensive :eek:. My question is, do I qualify for the new stimulus plan's COBRA subsidy? This would save us hundreds of dollars a month. Any information is...

COBRA Eligibility [ 1 Answers ]

If I decide to quit my existing job where I Have been for 8 months and have medical insurance can I elect COBRA continuation even though I have only been there 8 months?

View more questions Search