Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adon1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2009, 10:17 AM
    How long until my vicodin starts to relieve my pain?
    I need to know what the peak time for vicodin is I am prescribed 1-2 tab every 6 hours when is it more effective?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2009, 10:36 AM

Vicodin is prescribed in 3 formulations and a few different strengths. Liver toxicity form the acetomenophen (Tylenol) component is the main worry.

This data is for Vicodin, no suffixes.

Peak plasma concentration occurs in 1.3 hours.

The half life is 3.8 hrs, which means that about 98% of Vicodin would be gone in 5*3.8 hours.

Most drugs tend to take about 20 min to notice anything.

Stopping the pain before it gets worse generally is more effective than treating when things are painful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long does it take long term vicodin consumption to exit your system? [ 7 Answers ]

If you have been on vicodin for a long time how long does it take to get out of your system.

Can Vicodin relieve mentrual cramps & knee arthritus? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Over the years I have been taking many medications for my endometriosis that causes severe menstrual cramps for days. I was told that I need to have surgery but, that's just not an option now and, nothing else seems to be working. I was told that vicodin may help my cramps? Is that...

How long can Vicodin still have its effects on you? [ 1 Answers ]

I took 2 or 3 a day for a week then didn't on the weekend. It's Monday. I still feel its effects. Also, how addictive is it, because one source says that the withdrawal symptoms can result in death.

Best pain relieve for muscles pain [ 5 Answers ]

I went to a mommy baby bootcamp work out thing, and it was a lot harder then I thought it would be. I felt great afterwards, then I took a nap and woke up and my legs hurt so badly. Anyone have any way of relieving the pain, even a little bit would help. Thanks

Vicodin how long [ 6 Answers ]

How long does one viocdin last in your system for

View more questions Search