Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alancs68 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2009, 06:46 PM
    Mister 50 Humidifier on Carrier Furnace
    I have a carrier gas furnace that has a Mister 50 humidifier that was installed several years ago. The humidifier has worked fine for the last several years, however when I turned it on this year it failed to work. The humidifier has a solenoid that you can hear click when the humidistat turns it on, and it appears that for some reason the solenoid is not engaging. The unit is controlled by a humidistat with a knob for adjusting humidity settings, as well as a thermostat in the hot air plenum that turns the unit on when the air reaches a certain temperature. You can hear the humidistat click when you adjust the dial, and the thermostat clicks as well, but the solenoid does not click and no water flows.

Do you think it is a bad solenoid or some kind of wiring problem? The unit is wired directly to the fan control unit in the furnace. Should I check somewhere for voltage? The humidifier is a 24V model. Any help would be appreciated.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 7, 2009, 12:33 AM
    Usually these units have a orifice installed in the selonoid or discharge water line to regulate water flow. That should be checked since the selonoid is activating(click).

Get manual here

Fedders Mister 50 Manuals, Support and Troubleshooting - Herrmidifier Heating Cooling and Air

OR contact here if this is the brand.

Trion Humidifier Mister 50 Herrmidifer Only $99.95

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace humidifier [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a problem with my furnace hunidifier, model Aprilaire... When I turn the heat on and the blower starts working, there is a water running non stop. I know that this is from my humidifier, but can anyone help me and tell what is wrong? The water just runs and runs and stop only when I...

Humidifier and high efficiency furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I have 7 years old high efficiency furnace and new flow through humidifier. Problem is that I do not have necessary level of humidity in my house. It is never more then 26%, which is dry. Should be between 40-60%. Everything works fine, water flows through humidifier every time furnace...

Carrier humidifier fan [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Carrier split system: 25HPA gas furnace with Performace 80 heatpump with a fan powered SFP humidifier. The fan on the humidifier is not turning. Shouldn't it be running the same time the furnace is actively blowing?

Replacement Humidifier for Carrier 49FH [ 1 Answers ]

Any one have a suggestion for a Carrier model 49FH, fan powered model humidifier? Looks like no one ever changed the filter, plus they tapped the water line before the softner, I don't know if that is good or bad. Any recommendations on a replacement for this model?

View more questions Search