Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    violet0019 Posts: 208, Reputation: 9

Dec 6, 2009, 10:01 AM
    Can personal information, i.e. my address - be traced via my email address
    When I send an email using i.e. Hotmail, can the person receiving it retrieve any personal information, i.e. my home address :eek:etc. somehow? If my real name is not displayed anywhere on the email I am sending, is there still a way to trace personal information about me? Thank you!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 6, 2009, 10:20 AM
    Depends on how much information you put in your profile on hotmail/yahoo or divulge online on things like Facebook.

On the whole, no, not just from your e-mail address.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 6, 2009, 11:43 AM

A lot depends on who wants to find it, and why.

If the CIA perhaps wanted to find you, they could see who was logged onto the hotmail at a certain time by their IP address, and tract you though hotmail usage,

They could use computers to see when you were logged on to hotmail under your user names and then see what IP addresses matched those log on times.

Regular people can't but can it be done ? Yes but not easy at all

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get my email address to appear. [ 4 Answers ]

This my be a stupid question. But how do I get my email address to appear automatically in the text field when I start to enter it?

No Email Address [ 2 Answers ]

An unemployed man is desperate to support his family of a wife and three kids. He applies for a janitor's job at a large firm and easily passes an aptitude test. The human resources manager tells him, "You will be hired at minimum wage of $5.35 an hour. Let me have your e-mail address so that we...

If I know somebodys IP address, can I find out their email address? [ 2 Answers ]

If I know somebodys IP address, can I find out their email address?

View more questions Search