Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ben williams Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2006, 06:07 PM
    Painting
    What causes new paint to peel of the wall
    ben williams Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2006, 06:12 PM
    I painted my bedroom with a latex paint 2 months ago, now its peeling off the wall, my question is can too much water added to the paint causes this and what do I need to do to fix it
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 11, 2006, 08:20 PM
    What was the surface you painted ?

If slick or if it had some finish did you sand it first.

Did you use a good primer on the wall first ?
    caesars charm Posts: 80, Reputation: 7

Nov 12, 2006, 08:54 PM
    Suppose you didn't put water paint over oil did you? I don't think too much water would do it. Water would make it thinner and you would probably need an extra coat. Was there heat on while it was drying or is there any dampness where you painted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Painting Fun! [ 3 Answers ]

Here's a place where you can indulge your inner abstract expressionist: move your mouse to splatter virtual paint and click to change the color. To create a hard copy, right-click on the "canvas" and select Print. Painting Fun I am not printing mine out and showing it to anybody. Let's just...

Painting [ 3 Answers ]

Can I apint on treated wood?

Painting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a painting that has paris etching society ny usa at the top and I believe the name is Diane Emmla Leconte. Can you tell me if she is a artist and if so how much is the painting worth?

Faux painting [ 3 Answers ]

I'm painting and faux painting someone's bathroom and her tile is blue with a burgundy border tile at the top. She wants to make the base coat sort of a light burgundy and she wants me to sponge on true dark burgandy. My question is, what other lighter colors would go good instead of these very...

View more questions Search