Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blank10709 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2009, 07:24 PM
    Dating when you're a minor then one person in the relationship becomes an adult
    Okay so I'm dating this guy who is 17 I'm 14 I really care for him we have agreed to no sex because I'm waiting for mirrage so leave that out of any of your answers I've had a ruff life but I have a good head on my shoulders so does he,but the thing is he turns 18 next year and he's graduating early,I truly do love him and he does me and don't say I don't know what love is,we've fought but we always work it out there's no breaking up when things get a little complaitcated we're committed.but when he turns 18 I want to know if there's any legel promblems to keeping our title to call him mine to tell him I love him to to give him presents etc. oh and a kiss even if its on the cheek,what the law gott to say oh and my dad doesn't want want me dating him,but I don't know I'm to far in love with him to give up I feel if we can wait this out our relattionship will be so much stronger for it,please help us.
    Misshersomuch Posts: 84, Reputation: 12

Dec 5, 2009, 07:30 PM

That depends on where you live, so we need to know that before we can answer (country/state).

However, where I live, there are laws connected with sex between minors and adults, but as far as I know, kissing is legal.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 5, 2009, 07:39 PM

There are no laws specificly on dating.
    Your parents or guardian could have course keep him from seeing you.
    There are many things your dad can do, esp if the local DA wants to win election points by showing he is protecting children from pediphiles.

And there is of course the issue of what a 18 year old will want or see in a 14 year old. Sorry there is just not enough in common unless the 18 year old is extremely immuture.

There are laws on having sex ( don't care if you don't want to hear it) and if you did, he could go away to prison for a long time.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 5, 2009, 08:32 PM

First, since your question is about legal isues I've moved it to a legal forum where it belongs.

So to answer your legal question, there are no laws that govern dating between an adult and a minor. All the laws refer to sexual activity.

However, as a minor, your father still exercises some control over what you do. He can make it very difficult for the two of you to be together. If he defies your father, that could get him in legal trouble.

Finally, you don't get to dictate who can answer your posts and how. When you post a question here, anyone can answer anyway they want as long as they don't violate our rules. And speaking of those rules we don't allow text speak here. We type in full words and sentences.

Having said that, I don't care how rought your life has been or how good a head you THINK you have on your shoulders. At 14 you are too young to really be sure you are truly in love. I suspect the rough experiences you claim to have had make it attractive to you to feel your in love. But it is more likely compensation for those experiences.

If you are truly in love, then it will keep into you are 18 and it won't matter how old he is. So I suggest you cool it with this guy and give each other some space so you can sort out your true feeling and not defy your father.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Minor dating a minor.3 year difference, does it matter? [ 13 Answers ]

OK I turn 16 on April 28th, this girl turns 13 in September, I thought I heard something about a law stating something about it being illegal for someone to date 3 years younger than them. She's just a couple months off,and she is really mature, but I'm worried about her parents being able to...

Dating a Minor [ 6 Answers ]

In Indiana, are there any laws prohibiting a relationship between somebody 19 years of age and somebody who is approximately 15 years of age? NOTE: The relationship does not include nor will it include sex at all as far as the question is concerned (I already know that it would be illegal for...

Oral sex between minor and adult [CALIFORNIA] [ 8 Answers ]

I have a question. I recently became aware that a 17-year-old fiend of mine engaged in oral copulation with an 18-year-old. More specifically, 17 years & four months and 18 years & 6 months. According to a chart I found, it's not mandated to be reported, but my question is, should it be...

Dating a minor [ 1 Answers ]

Is it legal for a 21 year old in the military to date and have sex with a 17 year old in the state of New Mexico if the state legal age of consent is 17?

Minor/Adult Marriages in California [ 25 Answers ]

Me and my Fiancé Cathryn are having an issue trying to determine whether we are in any kind of legal position to be married. We are both the product of a broken home which is highly unfortunate and does not make the situation any easier however given the circummstances I do believe we are both...

View more questions Search