Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Golden_Boy Posts: 330, Reputation: 6

Dec 5, 2009, 03:57 PM
    Ingredients
    Fair & Flawless 5X $99.97 for 4 oz
    Pure Aloe Vera Extract, Purified Sea Water, Sorbitol, Glycereth-26, Corpus Crispus, White Tea Extract, Allatoin, Lemon Extract, White Ginger Extract, Carbomer –940, Wild Chamomile, Alpha Arbutin, SepiWhite Msh (undecylenoyl phenylalanine), Glycolic, Lactic and kojic Acids, tamarind extract, Malic Acid, Apple extract, Horse Chestnut, imidazolidinyl Urea, methyparaben, Fragrance.

Tonique 10X $99.95 for 4 oz
    Ingredients: "purified sea water, aloe vera gel, ginko biloba extract, ginseng extract, Sepiwhite MSH (undecylenoyl phenylalanine), sepicalm VG, Sepinov EMT 10, extracts of watermelon, cucumber, mulberry, marigold & mulethi root, alpha arbutin, lactic acid, glycolic acid, vegetable glycerin, vitamin E, propylene glycol, natural fragrance

* Both have Sepiwhite, Alpha Arbutin, Sea Water, Aloe, Lactic, Glycolic

* Tonique is cheaper, and has Vitamin E and more Patented Ingredients

* Fair & Flawless misspells at least 2 ingredients

* Neither has Retinol or Vitamin A

What % Sepicalm and Sepinov does Tonique have, assuming it really does?
    Gr8stuff Posts: 197, Reputation: 8

Dec 5, 2009, 04:06 PM

I don't think anyone knows the answer to your question... it's best to email/call Tonique and ask about the % of actives...

Also, I don't think it's a good idea to put retinol in creams that already contains high % of AHA... it'll just results in skin irration and sensitivity...

BTW, when you say T is cheaper, do you mean by 2cents? LOL...
    Golden_Boy Posts: 330, Reputation: 6

Dec 5, 2009, 04:13 PM

I already emailed weeks ago and they never replied, I assumed they don't want to state claims in writing regarding the Patented ingredients? I am not interested in calling as people can say anything one moment and another, the next. To make the sale. Am I the only person interested? I will not try until I get answers, though.

So they contain high % acid? Then they function by exfoliating, mostly.

Yes, I do mean 2 cents, they are matching each other's price, it seems.
    Gr8stuff Posts: 197, Reputation: 8

Dec 5, 2009, 04:21 PM

Yeah, from what I read, they are great exfoliators... But I don't have first hand experience with any of them and I don't intend to use them either...
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2009, 09:14 PM
    Lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr8stuff View Post
    BTW, when you say T is cheaper, do you mean by 2cents?? LOL...

I remember asking F&F on two occasions if their 5xf actually contained 5% sepiwhite and that I thought 2% was the highest requirement, that I have sensitive skin, and will I have a bad reaction due to the 5%? The frst reply they stated that they were not allowed to disclose that information, but so many kept saying it was 5% sw and 5% kojic acid and I wasn't sure. So I wrote 2 additional times again and asked if I may have a bad skin reaction if it does contain 5% sw... but no reply and this was during oct & nov 09'. I haven't asked tonique yet about the % if it is 10% or less? I did ask about the ingredient list. If they respond please let us know.

Golden which words were misspelled?

Sepicalm and Sepinov do not contribute to the skin lightening. Sepicalm only helps prevent skin irritation and good for skin that's sensitive.

Sepinov is the polymer Hydroxyethyl acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl a gelling agent used to thicken, stabilize, and emulsify the product, it also gives a nice feel.

Sepicalm VG: (INCI Sodium Palmitoyl Proline and Water Lily (Nymphaea Alba) Extract) Combination of amino acids and White Water Lily extract have the characteristic properties of reducing redness and irritation in emulsions, makeup removing lotions, shampoos, bath gels, AHA's and BHA's as well as aluminum salts found in deodorants.2170

Sepinov: INCI Hydroxyethyl acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl

I'm unsure of the % used. But 3% or less is usually used for sepicalm, and 1.5% or less for sepinov.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ami White Ingredients [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I was searching for more information on Ami White Gel to make sure it doesn't contain any harmful chemicals. (i.e mercury etc.. ) I have noticed that the ingredient listed on numerous websites is different from the ingredients found at my local beauty supply store even though they are...

What ingredients [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a recipe from the Bero Cook Book for Russian Biscuits

Substituting non-fat ingredients [ 2 Answers ]

When a recipe calls for half and half cream or whipping cream, does it make much difference in taste to substitute non-fat product?

Pasta Ingredients [ 4 Answers ]

I've always thought that all white pasta contains the same ingredients... it is only the shapes that are different. Is that correct?

View more questions Search