Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    highforestgirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2009, 07:23 AM
    What do fingernail moons mean
    My nails have moons, however the lower part of the moon on some of them are redish. What does this mean?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 5, 2009, 08:15 AM

The moons are the "nail matrix", the part of the nail bed that is growing, generating the nail. I am sure you mean, pinkish, not redish, meaning a healthy nail bed.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fingernail moons [ 3 Answers ]

I am a 53 year old female and I noticed about 6 months ago that I do not have moons on my fingernails anymore... only small ones on my thumbs. I always had good sized moons on my nails until then. What does this mean?

Fingernail problem [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my son has a promblem with his pinkie fingernail he says its hurting he also has a promblem of biting his nails real short I don't think it's a ingrown nail but I don't know there's not a enough nail there for that to happen the nail doesn't look any different than the others than I can tell...

Fingernail Growth [ 2 Answers ]

How do I make my fingernails grow really really fast (or faster) in time for christmas?

Fingernail infection - I think? [ 2 Answers ]

A couple of days ago - I was working on my fingernails / mainly removing the cuticles. Yesterday, I noticed that one of my fingers seemed to be slightly swollen. Since then the area (one side) of the nail has become painful and seems to be turning an extremely light shade of green. What should I...

Fingernail infection [ 3 Answers ]

I am expiriencing sort of pitting and grooving in my thumbnails. I try to applie an antifungul but to no avail. I seems to dry it but does not cure it. How did I get this and what can I do to end it? I a Doctor visit my best bet?

View more questions Search