Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    erin222 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2009, 04:58 PM
    Burnt dust smell that comes and goes in house
    For over a year our dining room and guest room (directly above) has had a strange odor that comes and goes. The smell always lingers but varies in intensity throughout the room at different times. The smell is difficult to describe but the closes thing I could compare is dust on a lightbulb or burnt hair, but much more intense. We had pest control come and they said it was not a dead animal or rodent. An electrician came to examine and could not find anything wrong. The furnace and vents are clean and the scent does not seem to be coming from that area. Both individuals doubted it was a mold smell. Any ideas? Neither even had any good advice as to who to ask next. It is costing a lot o money!!
    JoanneG Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2012, 10:49 AM
    You may have an ant nest nearby - They release formic acid and to me it smells like burn't dust.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dust in House [ 10 Answers ]

When we moved into our house several years ago we never had any dust problem. Now after several years we've notice we have a lot more dust than we use to have. Several people have told me that I need to get my ducts cleaned and this should fix this problem. The problem I have is I installed filters...

Kenmore Elite H3 model 110 gas dryer, burnt smell [ 1 Answers ]

I just started to run my dryer when I noticed a burnt smell coming from the laundry room. That was the only thing running (less than 10min). It doesn't seem to smell from behind the unit but it does inside. I always change lint before/after every use. Any idea's?

Getting a burnt smell out [ 1 Answers ]

What is the most quick best way to get a burnt smell out of my basement? I had a friend microwave something and it almost caught fire before he noticed. This produced a lot of smoke but nothing else. The windows were opened and a fan blew all the smoke out fairly quick.. but this was about 24...

Burnt smell in microwave [ 3 Answers ]

Lean pocket cooked too long. Kitchen filled with smoke. How do I get rid of burnt smell when using the microwave? Smell permeates when opening door. Gets worse when using microwave. Smell from house is gone. Thank you

Burnt Rubber Smell Bryant 90+ [ 1 Answers ]

I bought this Bryant 90+ with A/C, 2 years ago. It smelled like burnt rubber coming out of all the registers. It has a filter they said only needs to be changed once a year. I have been changing it every 6 months. I took the filter out and it looked good. Since I put the filter back, it has only...

View more questions Search