Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shabees Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2006, 02:15 PM
    Continuous sound when I turn on the heating...
    Hello,

I have a Carrier weathermaker 8000 58WAV090 series furnace. When I turn the heater on, it seems like inducer motor is producing a continuous light sound. I ran a self-test and it also showed the same results while running the inducer test. Not sure what the problem is, rest of the things.. ignition, blower and other parts seem to be working OK from self-test.

Can somebody please help :confused:? Thanks,

Shahab.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2006, 03:20 PM
    The motor could be dying. Take a look, it could be something you could fix. Something may be rubbing the blower wheel, or it might even have bearings you could oil. Otherwise, copy all the information off the name plate to help ordering a new one. Asses how much of a mess it would be to change it and decide if you want to tackle it yourself. Remember, it is very important to have the heat exchanger and all the sections of the vet sealed properly. An while you are in there, look at the heat exchanger for cracks or other problems.
    bharr07 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2006, 04:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shabees
    Hello,

I have a Carrier weathermaker 8000 58WAV090 series furnace. When I turn the heater on, it seems like inducer motor is producing a continuous light sound. I ran a self-test and it also showed the same results while running the inducer test. Not sure what the problem is, rest of the things.. ignition, blower and other parts seem to be working ok from self-test.

Can somebody please help :confused:? Thanks,

Shahab.
    Is this an oil or gas furnace , in either cas how old is the unit

Nov 11, 2006, 05:47 PM
    Thanks a bunch for your response.

This is a gas furnace and probably 13 years old. There is a new development though. When I opened the main door, it showed me a black cap with sign of rotation on it (anti clock wise). I am assuming that this is for the inducer motor. I tried to rotate it, it was little stuck but still moved finally. After that I was able to turn the heater on - no problems for at least good 20-30 minutes. But then the same thing happened again, the black cap while rotating also gives like a squeaky sound.

Thanks again in advance for any ideas.

-- Shahab.

Nov 11, 2006, 06:08 PM
    Sorry, it seems like I missed the response labman before posting my comments. So yes I believe that motor needs some attention (as you can see from my comments above). I am not sure where to start though. I will try to look into getting some manual etc. to help with this... but so far haven't got any luck finding a proper manual for this unit. The model# is 58WAV090-LC, Serice 100, Product is 58WAV090-101LC, Manufacturer is Carrier. Thanks again,

Shahab.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2006, 10:43 PM
    Which motor is making the noise. The furnace blower motor or the inducer motor.?

Nov 12, 2006, 12:15 AM
    I believe inducer motor.
    bharr07 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2006, 12:20 AM
    It sure sounds like the bearings in your draft inducer are dried out , there's no way around it after 13 years the only thing to do is replace the blower assembly

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell Heating system blows cold and won't turn off [ 1 Answers ]

We have a honeywell heating system in our home for central heat. Occasionally, it blows cold or won't turn off no matter what settings we choose. We have had Sears here a few times but the problem continues to ban issue. Can anyone tell us what to do?

Blue screened & began one continuous beep [ 4 Answers ]

Desktop went to Blue screen & began one continuous UNSTOPPABLE beep. Removed the hard drive and tested it in an external drive case with my laptop, it's fine. Reinstalled it and got the BLUE-DEATH and BEEEEEEEEPPP again :mad: Any opinions about what went wrong?

No sound, asus mother board built in sound card [ 16 Answers ]

My comp plays no sounds. All drivers are installed and I have re installed them 2. Its well annoyin. Any help with this would be great. Thanks

Continuous drip from shower head [ 3 Answers ]

My shower head continuously drips in my shower stall after I have turned the water off. The funny thing is, it is a hand held so it is enough to push it up the hose and out. I have adjusted the faucet knob and it made no difference. If I take the shower head off the holder and let it hang, I...

NO SOUND after sound card install [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I'm new on here I have a HP tower.. just installed a beefed up sound card in it and it doesn't work.. made sure all connection are good.. and installed the program.. now it won't work at all.. please help me someone?

View more questions Search