Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brittany-maii Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2009, 01:01 AM
    Can I dye my hair red with box colour over bleached hair
    Hey if I dyed my hair red with a box colour from the shop over bleached hair that is blondy brown that I had dne at the hairdressers would it damage or turn my hair a different colour ?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2009, 05:23 AM
    If I dyed my hair red with a box colour from the shop over bleached hair that is blondy brown that I had done at the hairdressers, would it damage or turn my hair a different colour?
    It would undoubtedly turn it a different color -- that's what it's supposed to do. I suspect that you mean, "Would it turn a strange color." Since you're going red, it probably would not. The biggest problem in dyeing bleached hair is turning green and the solution to that is to add red. Since you're thinking of a red dye, there is no problem.

Would it damage it? All chemical processes damage hair, and the damage is cumulative until the hair is cut off. It can probably be done relatively safely.

Be sure and do a strand test to make sure you'll like the final color.
    annieslp Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2011, 03:40 PM
    STOP! Don't do it!

That is exactly what I did yesterday and I have suffered since. I went to a salon to get it fixed and they put dark brown on... it looks black, I look 20 years older it is horrid...

I will NEVER try to colour my hair again..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Completely messed up hair colour:( How do I get rid of red tones in dark brown hair? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay first of all, I cannot go to a hairdresser. I have social anxiety disorder and agoraphobia which prevents me from doing a lot of things in public. Please tell me what I can do at home. My hair is naturally medium ash brown. I dyed it black awhile ago. I waited for it to grow out a bit and then...

How to remove black hair dye from hair [ 2 Answers ]

To give you a general idea of what my hair has gone threw.. I have been dying my hair ever sense I was in 3rd grade. So I had blonde hair for about 6 years. Then the last year of dying it blonde, I decided to bleach it. I thought my friend new what she was doing, so I left it to her. She left the...

Bleached hair too much,how do I go back to my natural colour? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,I am desperate for some advice please,but first I will tell you my colouring story!! Ok my hair is naturally dark brown(with a little grey)I started having bleach blonde highlights around 5 years ago.My hair has gone from being very short to shoulder length and now shorter again.Well last...

Old dyed hair & regrowth! I need to know if I could have my hair colour striped! [ 1 Answers ]

Right, I dyed my hair from strawberry blonde to a light brown (to match my natural colour) and at the time the colour was great. Five months have passed and my natural hair colour is a bit darker and the dyed hair colour is a horrid ginger/brown in comparison to my natural colour. I have a family...

How do I make my hair go back to natural or lighter hair colour? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm from australia and a couple of days ago I dyed my hair to a permanent intense dark brown but it went to dark I would really like it to go lighter or back to my natural hair colour which is a light brown with a bit of blonde. I have been striping for the past few days is there anything I could...

View more questions Search