Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rchesnav Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2004, 10:28 AM
    Diverter valve problem
    Hi All,

Had a problem with the diverter valve knurled end being worn, so I changed the whole valve(Danco replacement for Sayco). With the new valve, I have low pressure & also when putting water towards the shower head, it still comes out the lower spicket. How does that happen.

Thanks in advance, Bob
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2004, 10:37 AM
    Re: Diverter valve problem
    Sounds like you may have knocked some lime or other crud loose working on the pipes and it is now clogging the valve. You may need to take it apart and clean it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaking shower diverter valve [ 15 Answers ]

We have a three knob shower system. When the water runs into the tub a significant amount of water runs out of the central diverter valve (?correct term) knob. When this is turned water is diverted to the shower head. How does one determine how to remove and replace the diverter assembly, or could...

Diverter valve for Moen faucet [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I need to replace the diverter valve (1225) on the kitchen faucet. Do I need to remove the entire faucet to do this? If so how do I do this? Thanks

New Diverter Valve not working [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I have read a couple of the threads on diverter valves and thought I might ask this question for some help. Ok here is the background on the problem and how we went about solving it. First this is a house that was built in 1971 so nothing new. The bathroom on the main floor has a three...

Shower diverter valve sticking [ 5 Answers ]

Howdy, hope someone can give me some advice on this sticky problem I'm having. Just recently the diverter knob (it's a pull-out type) has been sticking a bit, not pulling out all the way. The result is the water comes out of both the tub faucet AND the shower head, at half-pressure from both. It...

Peerless Diverter Valve [ 3 Answers ]

Is there anyplace on the web that would have an internal drawing of a Peerless single-lever faucer? My diverter valve is sticking, and before I take it apart, I'd like to know what to expect inside. Thanks Jim

View more questions Search