Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poolman_32 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2009, 12:34 PM
    How do I sue warranty company based outside canada
    We had many problems with our boat which only has 2 warranty dealers in Canada so we got in touch with the warranty dealer in the states and were given permission to use another service dealer, the person who gave the go ahead has since been fired and now the company will not honour the payment for the work.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2009, 04:26 PM

If it's a large enough claim you would retain an Attorney in the City where the warranty dealer gave permission. For a small claim you would file in Small Claims Court in that same City. Jurisdiction is where the Defendant does business.

You would also name the employee if person did not have authority to give permission. I appreciate that that's hard to prove (or disprove) but I would name everybody to protect yourself.

Doesn't the manufacturer have anything to say about this?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 3, 2009, 05:41 PM

Did you get anything in writing ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get money back from a home warranty company? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I bought a home warranty contract from National Home Protection last Monday morning, then I changed my mind and called to cancel the contract in the afternoon on the same day. They told me the contract had been cancelled. (but I forgot to ask for the confirmation number) Today I found my...

Recording Warranty Premiums in a Warranty Adm. Company [ 2 Answers ]

How do I record warranty premiums in an Warranty Administration Company? I think that it should be recorded as a liability to the warranty insurance captive company. Also that any cash receipts for the warranty administration should be recorded as income. Is this correct?

Home based cleaning company [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know where to start from, what kind of business plan I need. Where to get resources.

If a title company gives your warranty deed to the second are they liable? [ 1 Answers ]

History A girlfriend took possession of a house I purchased but was stupid enough to add her as a co-borrower or secondary borrower. We went to mediation agreeing she could have the home if she refinanced (within 90 days) it in her name, removing my responsibility, and she paid me monies for my...

View more questions Search