Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 3, 2009, 12:14 PM

Who did the installation? Did they leave a 1/4" gap along all outside edges? Laminates tend to expand and contract with changesin humidity so you need an expansion crack. No crack and the floor will bow and buckel as humidity rises.

Check out some similar questions!

Problems with laminate flooring [ 6 Answers ]

Before I go back to the place that installed my laminate floors, I need to know if there is something I can do. It is so hard to set up a time with them to come back out. There are a few planks that are slightly up at the corners and do not lay flat. When I swiffer, it snags. I have tried...

Laminate flooring problems [ 2 Answers ]

Have you ever heard about using a t-bar when installing laminate flooring. We just remodeled and had the floor professionally installed . Some spots seem to be rippling. The had an inspector come in and verified the installation is good,level,there is a 1/4 in gap around perimeter. It's a top of...

Laminate Flooring Problems [ 2 Answers ]

I had a laminate floor installed by a private contractor in the summer of 2008. I live in Fresno, California. The last month the floor has "risen" in many areas and when you step on it, it will actually go down. You can see it and feel it go down. Some of the areas are high enough to even trip...

Problems with laminate flooring [ 2 Answers ]

I have notice a bump in the laminate flooring what is it and can you do to remove it? I have suddenly notice a bump in the laminate flooring then other smaller one. What is it and can you get rid of it?

Problems with laminate flooring! [ 1 Answers ]

Hope someone can shed some light... My husband and I bought laminte floor for our entire first floor and installed the easy half about 6 months ago. We have pets, and before we baought it we did research to make sure it could withstand water (we are planning to put it in the kitchen) etc. We were...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.