Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donovanx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2004, 04:39 AM
    No hot water coming out of taps
    Not very long ago my pipes started making a horrible howling noise from the hot water supply whilst running a bath, now the hot water tap only runs for about 2 minutes and then trickles and stops and has also moved to the sink and kitchen. Our cold water remains fine. Our heating system is a emmersion tank in my sons room upstairs, it only serves for hot water as we have a hot air system for our heating, so no radiators.
    Any pipes that go up from the emmrsion heater go into the roof but then straight back down I believe into the electric shower in the bathroom.

Has anyone got a fix it for this situation? I would be eternaly greatfull.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 3, 2004, 06:13 AM
    Re: no hot water coming out of taps
    Good morning,
    When was the last time the hot water system was flushed and cleaned out?
    It sure sounds like you have mineral buildup and some of that buildup broke off and is now clogging up your hot water pipes.
    The "howling sound" you heard was pieces of the clog vibrating against a seat as the water rushed past it.
    The answer to your problem is to first flush out the heater and then open up the valves, one by one, and flush the hot water branch and supply lines leading to each faucet. By electric shower are you referring to a preheating element or a pressure assist system? More questions? I'm as close as a click. Good luck. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help no water from hot water taps [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I managed to put a nail through a central heating pipe today and had a wee leak, in a panic turned everything off, every stop cock I could find in the hot water cupboard and the mains etc, repaired the leak by draining the heating system and turned everything back on. Great except that we have...

No water running from taps (hot) [ 1 Answers ]

I have no hot water running from my taps, or if so very low pressure. Is there anythung I Can do? I need a bath.lol Any Ideas Pease.:mad:

No water coming at all [ 4 Answers ]

>:( This morning my husband commented to me that the downstairs faucets were acting up. He said yesterday he could only get hot water and then cold. Now the faucets will not even give any water at all. What is causing this? We didn't replace them or anything. The upstairs faucets are fine. ...

Hot water from cold taps when HW recirculator on [ 12 Answers ]

My hot water recirculator is on a timer, and whenever it is on, hot water comes from the cold taps. After a minute or so, the cold water starts coming out. Any chance this is something I can fix myself (I'm a total novice) If I do have to call a plumber, are there any things I can find out...

No water from any taps [ 4 Answers ]

I am on a well and septic. 2 days ago, the water was sputtering from the taps. Yesterday, there was no water at all. We were able to use, it seemed, whatever was left in the holding tank, as each toilet had a flush left in it, and a very tiny stream of water came out in the bathroom. We do not...

View more questions Search