Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fireball1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2006, 09:20 AM
    Male cat spray
    Best way to remove male cat spray from our bed?::eek: :eek: :eek:
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Nov 11, 2006, 05:19 PM
    Clean up requires special products which will remove the urine odor. Use products that have natural enzymes to actually devour odor-causing bacteria instead of just covering up the scent.

Please note: If your cat urinates outside of his litterbox, you should call your veterinarian immediately. He may have a urinary tract infection (cystitis) that needs to be treated as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, soap and water, regular household cleaners, or perfumed sprays seldom work to satisfactorily remove pet stains or cover up their odors. With a sense of smell much more sensitive than ours, cats will still detect the smell of urine, even if the visible stain is gone. In fact, urine or feces odors may cause territorial rivalry. With ineffective clean-up you may unknowingly encourage your cat to re-soil the same spot.

For fresh, wet stains, we recommend OdorLogic® OxyQuick™ which works very well on fresh stains. Simply apply to the stain, allow to dry, and then vacuum or brush. Another good product is Nature's Miracle, which employs both absorbent granules to soak up as much of the stain as possible, and 'live' bacteria and enzymes to break down the odor-causing bacteria, permanently removing them from the deepest fibers in your carpet and the padding below. These products also contain mild cleansers which help remove discoloration and restore carpet fibers.

Although dealing with fresh stains is best, you will not always discover accidents until after they have dried. Products developed for use on fresh stains are not as effective on set-in stains. Different, more aggressive bacteria and enzyme formulas like OdorLogic® CleanAway are available to penetrate and clean deeper to get at set-in stains and odors

Thes products can be ordered on line at the site listed below.
    http://www.drsfostersmith.com/
    exring Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2007, 11:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball1
    best way to remove male cat spray from our bed?::eek: :eek: :eek:
    OdorXit Concentrate. OdorXit Concentrate and Magic Odor Eliminators

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Male cat in the house with new kittens [ 4 Answers ]

I have two cats a male who is fixed and a female who just had kittens. She just brought the kittens upstairs and I'm worried that the male may hurt them. The kittens are about 10 weeks old and have started to move around and explore the rest of the house. Up until now my boy would pretty much...

Noisey male cat [ 1 Answers ]

This six year old is fixed, and still very kitten like. Lately, he has started howling at about 3 am downstairs/ window shades closed, while the rest of the house sleeps. He has become very vocal, even when I call him up from downstairs and he jumps on the bed. He doesn't appear to be ill-...

Cat spray odors [ 3 Answers ]

This may not be the correct forum for this question, but I'll try anyway. Our tenants left our rental home in a mess. The 'mud room' or entry way has an overwhelming odor of cat urine/spray. Does anyone know any way to get rid of the smell, short of ripping up the floor or tearing out walls? The...

Male cat "mothering" new kitten [ 2 Answers ]

I recently got a new female kitten (7 weeks) and I was worried how our 3 years old intact male would treat her. The strange thing is, after the first day (which seemed normal, hissing and fighting) the fighting turned into playing, and now my male cat is grooming her and trying to grab her by...

Aggressive male cat [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there, I have a male cat that is now one and a half years old. I have had him since he was 11 weeks old and had to hand feed him and spent lots of money at vet when we got him because he had been neglected and had terrible gastroentiritis. He has always been an affectionate cat, loveing cuddles...

View more questions Search