Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blondiechika05 Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Dec 2, 2009, 06:21 PM
    Lazy Eye
    As far as I know, I've always had lazy eye. I had my first surgery when I was 4 years old (1988). The doctor botched it and now I have a tendency to have my chin in the air to balance my eyes out. Naturally, I was made fun of for this a lot growing up and made for rather embarrassing class pictures from kindergarten up until they stopped taking full class pictures after 7th grade. I also wore glasses from at least age 6 until 7th grade. I had two more surgeries in my junior year of high school (October 2000 and January 2001). This seemed to correct the eye drifting. I've also had on and off physical therapy to correct the chin elevation. The main problem with that is that most of the time I am unaware that I am doing it.

Recently, at work, I have noticed my left eye drifting again, moving inward. I also still stick my chin in the air. Would I have to have surgery again to correct the eye movement again? If so, would that mean I would have to continue to have periodic surgeries to keep it corrected? Or do I just need to go back to wearing glasses, which I think is kind of ridiculous as I have 20/20 vision? Also, is there ANYTHING I can do about the chin elevation or do I just have to stay continually conscious of it?
    ronarrowman Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2010, 12:23 AM

Hi. I know EXACTLY what you are going through. I have a had a lazy eye sense I was 2 years old. It is called Amblyopia. Lucky for you, you do not have it as bad as I do. I am blinde out of my right eye so I can only see from my left eye. My right eye is permanently blinde, though it has a mind of its own. It wonders if I am feeling lazy, or the lights are to bright, or if I happen to day dream. Sucks for us, but that's just how it is. You CAN however have lazic eye surgery to change your eye from wondering. I do not have the gutts to get that done because to me, it is not as big of a problem as your eye seems to be. Scientists are JUST NOW discovering new methods, new surgeries for people with amblyopia (another word for a lazy eye). So hang in there and if your eye is causing as much trouble as you say it is, you should look into the lazic surgery. The only thing with that is, the lazic surgery will not change the way that you see but how others see you. So it will correct the wondering, just not the vision. Hope I helped you a bit. Let me know how it goes ;) You should really look up on amblyopia and get more educated on what is going on with your eyes, it's a great start and you will DEFENTILY learn a lot :)
    Daan2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2012, 11:11 PM
    Hi,

I'v got a lazy eye as wel. I/m now 49 and have been suffering from ever changing persriptions. During the past year, my strength has gone up considerably, from +2.50 to + 5.50 at the moment (right eye is +5.50 and left 1.75) My glasses look wonky, so I'v been using contacts with great succes. The past year I got so much trouble from my right eye. It kept turning in. So I got prisms. This means no more contactlenses. Now my glasses look really weird. My right eye is so much bigger than the left eye and you can really see my eyes squint ( of the prismatic effect)

The point I want to make is:

The prism really helps me getting my eyes relax. No more turning in of my eye. I could really advice you asking for this solution, maybee it will help you as well.
    But, depending of the prism strength ( mine is 5 BO) it will be noticeable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pot for eye trouble? [ 6 Answers ]

"What is wrong with me?! This is so strange. EVERY thing I do makes my eyes hurt and feel "pressurized." Lifting any amount of weight, sitting down, standing up, lifting my legs, walking up stairs, reading, crouching EVERYTHING! It makes me feel like there is something pushing against my eyes, like...

Free Eye Exams [ 1 Answers ]

I am 56 years old I don't have ajob or insurance I have not had an eye exam for four years ND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW if there is any one who would help me.

Kitten eye infection [ 0 Answers ]

I have 3weeks kitten he has eye problem something's like yellow infection come out of his eyes I can't go to vet because I live in a small city in iran and there is no vet can any one help to treat him at home?

Eye disease [ 2 Answers ]

I have iritis and I'm using Pred Forte. I want to get off these steroids. Is it an alternative medicine for this and if not, what types off foods should I be eating. I'm a diabetic. Thank you.

View more questions Search