Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cllockhart Posts: 94, Reputation: 4

Mar 2, 2010, 11:20 AM

Hey everyone! I'm sure you all are getting sick of my questions by now, but I have a new one! My fiancé who lives with me was just diagnosed with an h. pylori infection. I know that it is contagious for people that live together. I was just checking if I should go get tested to make sure that I don't have it yet or if there are any precautions I should take while he is trying to get rid of it. Any info will be appreciated.
    rosemcs Posts: 325, Reputation: 47

Mar 2, 2010, 06:38 PM

H. pylori is fairly common and is also contagious, but does not really harm the baby. If you are concerned, you can just start taking Active Manuka Honey UMF 16+ or higher UMF rating, found in the health food store. The honey causes an environment in the stomach that makes it impossible for it to thrive.

It's really no necessary, though, unless you are extremely concerned about it. The honey also builds up your immune system and does not harm the baby.

It would be beneficial for your fiancé too. It cured me of a horrible ulcer I had. You have to be faithful about taking it for many months, though.

Active Manuka Honey Internal Uses
    cllockhart Posts: 94, Reputation: 4

Jul 8, 2010, 11:04 AM
    It has been awhile since I have posted on here. I am now 37 weeks along and got checked today for dilation and effacement. I was also checked last week and my doctor told me to expect a little blood. I didn't notice any blood last week but today after I was checked I went to the bathroom about an hour later and noticed a clot of blood (about the size of a nickle) in the toilet. It has been about an hour since I saw that and about 2 hours since I was checked and I am still bleeding a significant amount. I am also having some cramps in my abdominal area. The baby is still moving fine and everything, I just want to make sure everything sounds normal. Also my doctor told me last week that I have already lost my mucous plug.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2010, 11:07 AM

Have you called the hospital?

If your bleeding a significant amount,I think its best to err on the side of caution and ring and speak to someone in the hospital.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 8, 2010, 11:27 AM

It is common to see blood after being "checked." The cervix is highly "vascular." Any time there is any form of manipulation, either by being checked or intercourse, bleeding is expected and normal. Also, after the cervix is manipulated, there is a release of oxytocin, the hormone that starts labor, and can cause some contractions.

Time your contractions from the beginning of the first one to the beginning of the next one. Are they regular?

If all else fails, go to the hospital to get checked out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Just Got an IUD and Found out I'm pregnant [ 6 Answers ]

I Just put an IUD in 2 days ago. They asked me at the doctors if I was pregnant and I said no. Later the thought occurred to me that I really might be pregnant because no birth control is 100% effective. I took a test today and it was positive. 2 months ago I became pregnant and had a...

I found out that I am pregnant! [ 4 Answers ]

Hey! I'm 14. ok so yeah i found out that i am pregnant. Im not as worried as i thought i would be even though i am really scared to tell my parents. My boyfriend is really nervous and really scared to tell his parents also. I think i am going to tell my dad this upcoming thursday. (me and my...

Found Very pregnant dog! [ 50 Answers ]

Hi I found a very very pregnant dog on Saturday April 5. I think she is some type of terrier - maybe a rat terrier? We have brought her home because we did not want to leave her on the street or be picked up by the pound. We think that someone dropped her off by the road because she is so...

Just found out I am pregnant. [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone... I am 21 years old and just found out last night that I am pregnant. This obviously wasn't a planned pregnancy. How do I tell my boyfriend? I am worried and scared. Not to even think what my parents will say... Thank you for your comments.

Just found out that I'm pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

Just found out I'm pregnant, but unsure when I had my last period. My belly is quite bloated, I've been more hungry than usual. When I sqeeze my nipples as there is white dots on my nipple, I have clear fluid come out, I didn't think you have this until later pregnancy. This is my fourth pregnancy....

View more questions Search