Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RosannB Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2009, 02:20 PM
    501c3 rules membership
    Among our other work, our organization has an online news, information and analysis website that covers the education arena. We would like to launch a membership drive to raise funds to support that site. Are their any restrictions around using the term "membership" to raise funds; and are we permitted to provide discrete services based upon the level of membership? Thank you for your insight.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2009, 12:08 AM

If I might suggest posting this over here somewhere:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/business-careers/

Couldn't say exactly where, but the question is about non-profits, not about websites. Doing this through a website isn't relevant to your question.

Just as a note, a non-profit is allowed to have members. I suspect the answer to your second question is that it doesn't matter, but I don't know that for sure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rules regulations for 501c3 organizations [ 7 Answers ]

Would a non profit organization (501c3) be in violation if, the organization participated in an internet travel business as a fundraiser, and at the same time, members of the same organization would also earn personal funds?

Membership into demonoid.com [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Are the registrations for this site ever open? I'm looking to download some albums... Can any member of the site help me in any way? Please please... can a member please invite me Thanks, Erica

Membership of Demonoid.com [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Are the registrations for this site ever open? I'm dying to download some books from it which seem unavailable elsewhere but it always says that registrations are closed and no kind person has ever offered me an invite to join. Can any member of the site help me in any way? I'd be ever so...

Membership [ 1 Answers ]

I would like help in writing a letter to potential new members to join an organization.

View more questions Search