Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yuliaa21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2009, 01:46 PM
    Ask immigration questions free
    Hi, I am on J1 visa and am planning to get married to a green card holder.it is going to be 4 years in April since he got his green card. Should I wait for him to get his citizenship and then marry him or it does not matter for me.and how long do I have to wait for him to apply for my green card. And can he apply for it together with his citizenship
    Thanks!
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Dec 2, 2009, 03:34 PM

Maintain your status until he becomes naturalized, then get married and file for adjustment of status.
    madita Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Aug 21, 2010, 09:29 PM
    I have been here for 13 years and I have 2 kids am I eligible for a green card?
    victor05 Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Sep 12, 2011, 09:33 PM
    My husband has been in the process of filing for years through his father in law and has paid all fines necessary. About two years ago he was scheduled an appointment to meet with immigration and in that appointment he was asked about his criminal background and failed to tell the true and now is awaiting for court to meet with the judge. I am a U.S citizen and we have been together for ten years is there a way for me to file or he has to wait for court.
    jeffry12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2012, 02:52 PM
    10 YEARS OF PHYSICAL PRESENCE IN THE US
    The applicant must have 10 years of continuous physical presence before the Notice to Appear is served to the applicant. Section 240A(d)(1). Can anyone please explain what it means?
    Maynor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2012, 10:47 PM
    I have an appointment for temporary residence and my husband can not be at that day and I do not what to do
    Maynor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2012, 10:48 PM
    I have my appointment for temporary residence and my husband can not be at that day. I do not what to do
    candy_21 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2012, 06:00 PM
    Hi Im married to a undocumented for almost four years and have a three year old child. My husband came to the usa illegally underage, and has gotten one driving without a license ticket, and has gone to domestic violeence school and has graduated from it. And was wondering what was his possibilities to become a resident
    napster12345 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2012, 12:03 PM
    I first entered into USA as a Student status F1. I am from India, I graduated from 4 yrs college in 2010. Last year I filed for a petition for an asylum. It got approved, therefore I am waiting for my green card. I will get my green card by August 2012, after that I am planning to get married with a indian girl who is back in india. Can I go back home and get married with her. Will there be any complication on getting her to united states. Can she enter united states as a spouse of the person holding green card. What are pros and cons...
    marcogaldino Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2012, 11:30 PM
    I have one question: Is true that now for you can ask bond in Diouf v. Napolitano, you need have more than 6 months, or you need have the permanent stay removed
    rainorshine Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2012, 08:35 AM
    My father is a US citizen and he is planning to sponsor me for permanent residency in USA. I am married, working on H1 status and my spouse is on H4. My question is that can my father send both I-130 and I-485 at the same time or do I need to wait for I-130 approval and the visa availability before I can send I-485.
    De Villanueva Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2012, 11:59 AM
    My husband has received his approval for the wavier I-601. It states that this waiver applies only to the grounds of inadmissibility indicated below:
    212(a)(9)(B)(I)(II). What does this mean?
    faranaze jeudy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2012, 08:12 PM
    I am us citizen,but I am on dissability,can I help my husband and seven years old son obtain his green card
    samie12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2012, 08:28 PM
    My parents got a visa for my graduation on May 2012.Now they are coming to visit me on August 2012.But I heard that they should enter within 3 month.Is that true? Is that will be a problem while entering to US port of entry.
    PREDEESAN Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2012, 03:16 PM
    Hi, My spouse's L2 petition which was applied on Aug 2012 was pending for long time with USCIS and before we get a decision he travelled out of the country and came back with valid L2 Visa with I94 up to 2015. Now after he returned back we got a denial notice from USCIS for his previous L2 petition.
    Is there any issue with his status?

Thanks.
    poui070769i Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2012, 10:14 AM
    I was living in the U.S. illegally for some years, I dated someone for about eight months and we planned to get married but we thought it would be easier if I return to my country (Trinidad) so I did in 2008 and we got married but before he could petition for me he died in a vehicular accident. I went to the U.S. embassy with his death certificate to get permission to go to his funeral but upon learning about my illegal stay in America they denied my application and placed a ten (10) ten year restriction on me entering the U.S. I also have a minor child who is an American citizen by birth and I want to give her the life that she rightfully deserve. My daughter is not related to my deceased husband. I would like to know if there is anything I can do or is it too late for me to be able to live in America legally.
    travah techeira Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2013, 06:37 PM
    I am an american and my child was born in another country she is 12 yrs old and has a temp visa and is comiong to live with me , my ques is how long does it take for her to get permanent status and there is any any special benefits in this case since I am a us soldier
    mlon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2013, 07:54 AM
    Hi there, I was a green card holder but then I got sick (Tuberculosis) so I went back to my country without any re-entry permit because I didn't know that I need to file one before because I was not aware and I was still young that time..

Now, I'm planning to go back and I need to file a SB-1 form(returning visa) and I needed to get some supporting documents like date of travel (tickets, stamps, passports), proof of ties/social ties (my dad is a US citizen) and also I stay with my mom now so if I will go back to the us my mom will be left alone (it's pretty hard for me)...

My questions is does having a Tuberculosis is under getting a medical incapacitation?

Because I read this one:

*Proof that your protracted stay outside of the U.S. was for reasons beyond your control (Examples: medical incapacitation, employment with a U.S. company, accompanying a U.S. citizen spouse, etc.) (http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1333.html)

Hoping for a helpful answer... Thanks!
    Baobei1948 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2013, 02:11 PM
    My mom submitted the I-130 form dec 2007. It got approved and is now sent to the NVC for visa processing. They are now asking for a $230 visa processing fee. My question is should I pay the $230 or can I just file I-485 as well as I-485 supplement A and submit it to USCIS?
    MEOWMIXX Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2013, 05:10 PM
    I have returned an i-864 forms to the usa embassy in kingston jam and i did not put the 3 letters before the 10 digits will this be a problem. How long after you posted a document do it take to get a reply from the embassy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Free stock questions [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all, Looking to find out what happens if you bought stock in a company that has since gone into liquidation. Its share price was frozen and liquidators were brought in. Q1. Am unsure whether I have any recourse, or investment is a write-off. Can I transfer shares from original ...

Ask question free about immigration [ 4 Answers ]

HI I am Parama Dasgupta. I came to the US on the 28th of may with my husband on an L2 Visa. But after a month of getting married I realised he is a chronic patiant of psychosis. I want to end this relationship now and go back to India next month. I am sure he will take steps to block my re-entry...

2 days late [ 9 Answers ]

Ok me and my husband had unprotected sex on Oct 31st two days later I got my period. So I figured I wasn't pregnant that there was no chance. But when It came time for my next period I never got it. I took an at home pregnancy test and it was negative. A week later still no period. Now just days...

Questions at Immigration interview for skilled worker. Any Tips [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know what Questions are asked at Immigration interview for skilled worker.

View more questions Search