Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adnaP_redruM Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2009, 11:36 AM
    Fair Flawless, Does it Work?
    I have been reading through many forums and review centers about this brand and I have been eyeing their products for years. I have one problem with that I can't find a single review with pictures. I'm looking for responses from people who have USED FnF, not things that they've heard about it. So here's my questions:

~Have you actually USED their products?
    ~According to the FnF skin chart, what shade did you start at and where are you now?
    ~How long did it take to achieve the results?
    ~Do you have images to show the change?
    ~Would you recommend the brand?

I've seen a few threads with a lot of drama over these things, so please, no drama. I just want the answers to those questions and if you don't have them, please don't respond.
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Dec 2, 2009, 03:01 PM

Have used it since it was first launched several years back. In the beginning the results were fantastic, but since then, have been unable to achieve the same sort of lightening. To me, this company kept sending me different versions of what was supposed to be the same thing, which is incredibly annoying.

In all honesty, even though I still use it, due to the highly excessive price and lack of consistency in terms of lightening, I think it should be only used if you really don't mind if you Don't get good results and therefore possibly waste money on what I consider to be an OK product.
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Dec 2, 2009, 06:23 PM

Yes, I have USED their facial lightening cream, facial resurfacing cleanser, facial cleansing milk, lightening toner, serum, mineral cream (sunblock), 5xF Gel and crème de laser.

~According to the FnF skin chart, what shade did you start at and where are you now?
    Facial lightening Cream from VI Very Dark Brown to---------> V Brown
    5xf gel applied to my fingers/knuckles VI Very Dark Brown to -----> IV Olive
    I'm have now added Retin A to my skin care regime and results are even better.

When I use any skin lightening product I usually start to see results within two weeks. Full results in 3 and half weeks with facial lightening cream and 1 week and half with 5xf gel.

No, I do not wish to post photo's of myself on the internet.

I highly recommend this brand for anyone who does not want to use hydroquinone. It's the only all natural skin lightening line that I have used that is strong enough to lighten the skin several shades.

Dec 3, 2009, 07:53 AM

Thank you for the quick replies. I'm a rather pale person in general, but this summer I tanned for the first time in my life, not on purpose, and now it won't go away. So I've gone from pale like Dita to I guess what most would call "normal" for a white person. So I only want to lighten one shade I suppose to bet back to my signature paleness. FnF should definitely work for that? Could it make me even lighter than my already pale shade? And does it affect tattoos...

Dec 3, 2009, 11:46 AM
    LOL! So many people want that Dita Von Teese complexion!
    Did you wear any sunscreen with a high SPF this summer?

You sound like you really don't need anything too strong, how many shades is Dita to "normal for a white person"? One shade?

FF should do the trick or a tube of 4%HQ(hydroquinone) if you don't mind using it and both could get you to an even paler shade. You have to try it and see. That would be an awfully pale color because Dita is already beyond the pale.

Some lasers don't even effect tattoo's so forget about a skin lightening cream! Tattoo's are a whole different story. There are tattoo removal kits for home use that include a scrub cream and removal cream which is basically a salt scrub and a lightening cream with 2%hq.

Dec 3, 2009, 12:05 PM

I did wear sunscreen, but sometimes I forgot and I'm so pale that I will tan in 5 minutes and burn by 10, so even though I wasn't out without SPF enough to burn, I acquired quite a tan. I'm not really wanting Dita's complexion as I already have it xD, just want to get back to it and it's the easiest to give a good reference photo :P. I might need to go up two shade's though as I am still borderline tan, different parts of me tan to different degrees, my arms are still quite tan and my legs with most of the rest of my body are at a weird mid-way tan shade, only my chest is the "right" color... I was worried about the tattoo because I was assuming that "tattoo removing" creams are essentially skin lighteners, might do some more research on that though because I don't want to lose a tattoo I just paid $500 for...
    Golden_Boy Posts: 330, Reputation: 6

Dec 3, 2009, 05:56 PM
    FF did not do the trick, it was the trick, to me.
    The only color it banished, was green, lots of green disappearing act.
    Looking back, I can't believe I paid that much for some colored aloe vera gel, and a free spatula!
    stacymica Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Dec 3, 2009, 07:05 PM

About 3 years ago I ordered a custom order online. For over 4 month period. I wanted to lighten up about 4 shades. Spent about $400 including shipping/handling over time.
    There was no difference in my skin tone face or body. When I called in to tell them there was no differecnce I was told I needed more products. I have no pictures because it was years ago. My suggestion save your money.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2009, 10:59 PM

F&F can lighten, but if you are only interested in lightening one shade or even 2 perhaps, you can have this done just as quickly AdnaP_redruM without paying $70-400 to reach this if you wish.

option #1:
    Using retin-a along with sunblock can possibly lighten you a shade since you are already naturally fair. Costs aorund $1.60-15.00 per 20gr tube.

option #2:
    Fair & White Exclusive Whitenizer gel crème only cost about $13 and this can be purchsed at some beauty supply stores and on Amazon, using this as is or along with retin-a will definitely lighten your skin quite quickly.

option #3:
    you can also use an exfoliating soap such as Likas papaya soap, Diana Stalder papaya kojic soap, F&W exclusive whitenizer soap, SW+SS L glutathione soap, and several others along with a good lightening crème.

option #4
    Lactic and/or glycolic acid peels along with a good sunblock,

option #5
    A member here has used vitamin C serum which helped lightened her skin. Also, can be used along with MSM (sulfur) and vitamin C liquid/liquid capsule may increase the skin's lightened complexion. MSM in liquid, liquid capsule, and powdered forms seem to be best.

option #6
    Tonique 10x intense whitening gel or the cream, still costly but cheaper than F&F, with similar ingredients and quick lightening, laboratory tested to be free of steroids and heavy metals as well.

there are other options as well, but these are a few.
    blkini84 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2009, 10:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    F&F can lighten, but if you are only interested in lightening one shade or even 2 perhaps, you can have this done just as quickly AdnaP_redruM without paying $70-400 to reach this if you wish.

option #1:
    Using retin-a along with sunblock can possibly lighten you a shade since you are already naturally fair. costs aorund $1.60-15.00 per 20gr tube.

option #2:
    Fair & White Exclusive Whitenizer gel creme only cost about $13 and this can be purchsed at some beauty supply stores and on amazon, using this as is or along with retin-a will definitely lighten your skin quite quickly.

option #3:
    you can also use an exfoliating soap such as Likas papaya soap, Diana Stalder papaya kojic soap, F&W exclusive whitenizer soap, SW+SS L glutathione soap, and several others along with a good lightening creme.

option #4
    Lactic and/or glycolic acid peels along with a good sunblock, .

option #5
    A member here has used vitamin C serum which helped lightened her skin. Also, can be used along with MSM (sulfur) and vitamin C liquid/liquid capsule may increase the skin's lightened complexion. MSM in liquid, liquid capsule, and powdered forms seem to be best.

option #6
    Tonique 10x intense whitening gel or the cream, still costly but cheaper than F&F, with similar ingredients and quick lightening, laboratory tested to be free of steroids and heavy metals as well.

there are other options as well, but these are a few.
    Thanks for this information. Do you think that using retin-a along with an exfoliating soap would get good results on darker skin?
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2009, 04:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Boy View Post
    FF did not do the trick, it was the trick, to me.
    The only color it banished, was green, lots of green disappearing act.
    Looking back, I can't believe I paid that much for some colored aloe vera gel, and a free spatula!
    lmao entertainment value on this forum is to much:D, gb you are so funny

Dec 4, 2009, 04:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lighterrr View Post
    lmao entertainment value on this forum is to much:D, gb you are so funny
    This has nothing to do with the discussion, please don't make posts like this, it helps no one.

Thanks for the info and ideas guys, though does anyone have anything else to say on a skin lightening regime damaging tattoos?
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2009, 04:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by blkini84 View Post
    Thanks for this information. Do you think that using retin-a along with an exfoliating soap would get good results on darker skin?
    That would really depend on how many shades that you want to lighten, 1-2 shades may work. But if you want 2+ shades you may want to use a hq based cream or sefi white based creams/gels
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2009, 08:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by blkini84 View Post
    It may help lighten a shade, but if you are interested in lightening several shades, yeah you may have to include a good skin lightener.

AdnaP_redruM that's a good question, I'm unsure if skin lightening will damage tatoos. I'll have to ask around about that, unless there are others here who has tatoos and lighten.
    sweetcaroline Posts: 74, Reputation: 5

Dec 8, 2009, 02:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkicute View Post

Yes, I have USED their facial lightening cream, facial resurfacing cleanser, facial cleansing milk, lightening toner, serum, mineral cream (sunblock), 5xF Gel and creme de laser.

Facial lightening Cream from VI Very Dark Brown to---------> V Brown
    5xf gel applied to my fingers/knuckles VI Very Dark Brown to -----> IV Olive
    I'm have now added Retin A to my skin care regime and results are even better.

When I use any skin lightening product I usually start to see results within two weeks. Full results in 3 and half weeks with facial lightening cream and 1 week and half with 5xf gel.

No, I do not wish to post photo's of myself on the internet.

I highly recommend this brand for anyone who does not want to use hydroquinone. It's the only all natural skin lightening line that I have used that is strong enough to lighten the skin several shades.

How can you afford all those different fair & flawless products? They cost an arm and a leg... each!

Also if the products are so great why do we have to use retin-a along with it. Not too long ago I notice the herbalinn guy started telling people to mix retin-a into their creams now you are too. Hmmm u don't say!

Dec 8, 2009, 03:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetcaroline View Post
    how can you afford all those different fair & flawless products? they cost an arm and a leg............. each!
    also if the products are so great why do we have to use retin-a along with it. not too long ago i notice the herbalinn guy started telling people to mix retin-a into their creams now you are too. hmmm u dont say!
    Yeah, they are more expensive but if you have the money (and I do) why not? And they work great for my skin, so I will continue to purchase their products.

Herbalinn guy:confused: I don't know who that is.

There is only one anti-wrinkle cream that's been scientifically proven to work and approved by the FDA and it's called Retin-A.
    I started using it May 2009.
    I will use it forever! :)
    Golden_Boy Posts: 330, Reputation: 6

Dec 8, 2009, 02:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MAHARANI View Post
    Have used it since it was first launched several years back. In the beginning the results were fantastic, but since then, have been unable to achieve the same sort of lightening. To me, this company kept sending me different versions of what was supposed to be the same thing, which is incredibly annoying.

In all honesty, even though I still use it, due to the highly excessive price and lack of consistency in terms of lightening, I think it should be only used if you really don't mind if you DONT get good results and therefore possibly waste money on what I consider to be an ok product
    MAHARANI got reported and banned for saying this? First honest review of Fair & Flawless.

Remember, I used it 2 years ago and it burned my skin, I still have some hyperpigmentations on my forehead and undereyes from it.

On ripoffreport,com, Fair & Flawless is also cited for doing the same, burning people's skin then causing hyperpigmentations.
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2009, 10:28 PM
    Did someone report her for saying that? She was only being honest on her experiences, who would report her for that?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 10, 2009, 04:08 PM

That was not the reason she got banned,
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2009, 04:17 PM

Well thanks for the clerification chuck. But the sefi white did burn my upper lip, arms, and neck, but I think that I mixed it to strong. Sefi white is not for everyone. And in my case it burnt some parts of my body and lightened others. I think nikki works very diligently to fine tune her product that she sends out to her customers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fair & Flawless [ 7 Answers ]

Hey everyone! I'm new to these boards. I used to reside in the U.S.A now I live in Canada with my mom and little brother. Anyway, here is my story: I was thinking of buying a lightening creams for my body/face and came across Godiva products. I was pretty convinced about buying it at first...

Any tried fair and flawless [ 24 Answers ]

Anyone use this sephwhite stuff with good results please reply its made by fair and flawless

Has anyone tried FAIR and FLAWLESS? [ 1 Answers ]

I just looked at their website and they claim some results that seem almost impossible... Has anyone here tried this cream? If so, what were your results? Which cream did you use? How many shades did you lighten?

Fair and Flawless [ 8 Answers ]

So I've chosen my product... Fair and Flawless.. I've been hearing nothing but good results coming from this cream.. so I'm ganna test it out. Lol but I was wondering what should I order.. The cream? Or the cleanser and the cream? Im confused...

Fair&Flawless... [ 17 Answers ]

Has anyone tried fairandflwaless? (http://www.fairandflawlessskin.com) I’ve been getting mixed testimonies about it and I also know it’s quit expensive. Has anyone tried it before and if so did it work or not? I really need honest answers please. Thanks!

View more questions Search