Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blake8705 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2009, 09:43 AM
    How to open the back of a Frigidaire GLER341AS2
    Frigidaire Dryer, Model #: GLER341AS2, How do you get the back off?
    pokefan7790 Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Dec 4, 2009, 04:27 AM

You don't. Everything comes out through the front. Use a putty knife between the top and front panel to release the two clips that hold the top down and lift it up and tilt it back. From the inside remove the two screws (one on each side) that hold the front panel on. If you have to get to the heating element, it is behind the drum. Two release the drum from the rear bearing you have to lift sharply at the rear of the drum then pull it out through the front of the dryer.
    Hope this helps e-mail or post q's
    jbb1978 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2009, 12:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pokefan7790 View Post
    You don't. Everything comes out through the front. Use a putty knife between the top and front panel to release the two clips that hold the top down and lift it up and tilt it back. From the inside remove the two screws (one on each side) that hold the front panel on. If you have to get to the heating element, it is behind the drum. Two release the drum from the rear bearing you have to lift up sharply at the rear of the drum then pull it out through the front of the dryer.
    Hope this helps e-mail or post q's
    Is there a trick to the dryer belt and putting the drum back in? After I replaced the heater element, my dryer no longer tumbles and the belt is more loose.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Squeling noise and black dust from back of frigidaire dryer [ 1 Answers ]

How do replace the bearing at the rear of dryer step by step

Frigidaire Dryer model # GLER341AS2 won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a Frigidaire Dryer model # GLER341AS2 from the Furniture Mart 4 months ago and today I was doing laundry and it wouldn't start. It just makes a faint buzzing noise when I try to start it? Any ideas??

Frigidaire Dryer model # GLER341AS2 [ 2 Answers ]

This is a good one. I hope someone can help!! I noticed my dryer wouldn't dry the clothes completely anymore. 3 or 4 cycles and they are still damp. So I did the first logical thing. I checked the dryer venting. Everything was good and to be sure I ran it with the vent disconnected and...

View more questions Search