Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KMC6296 Posts: 94, Reputation: 2

Dec 1, 2009, 08:33 PM
    Alternative to 2 Part Epoxy Paint
    I am currently painting metal sheets of diamond plates with 2 part epoxy paint. I'm looking for an alternative paint that will adhere to the diamond plate.

Thank you!
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2009, 08:38 PM

Would getting them commercially powder coated be an OK thing to do?

Not sure of the application or the amount of plate.
    KMC6296 Posts: 94, Reputation: 2

Dec 1, 2009, 08:58 PM

Thanks. That's a good suggestion. I don't think we considered having them powder coated. I'll have to look into that.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 2, 2009, 05:36 PM

Are you trying to cut cost or what, epoxy should work well. Its cheaper than powder coating since you must send them out to a shop for coating.
    suptclark Posts: 64, Reputation: 8

Dec 4, 2009, 02:46 PM

Check out POR15 those paints and coatings stick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best epoxy [ 3 Answers ]

I was going to insert a piece of 3" pvc into a bell of a cast iron soil pipe and pack oakum into it. If I didn't want to pour lead or buy leaded wool what would be the best epoxy to use or would hydraulic cement work. I wanted something that would cure quickly. Thanks

How to clean concrete floor for epoxy paint [ 3 Answers ]

OK, quick question... I'm looking for suggestions on the best way to clean my basement floor in order to apply an epoxy paint. The floor is about 40 yrs old and has never had any paint, sealer or anything else applied to it... we have remodeled out basement. Put up drywall making bedrooms, laundry...

Epoxy Resin [ 8 Answers ]

I'm retiling my shower and realize that the only thing that would stick my tile to my shower concrete floor says that it isn't not to be used where water would be. Didn't realize this until I was almost through with my project. Since this is the only thing that would stick my tile to the concrete...

Epoxy to fix leak at galvanized T? [ 6 Answers ]

I own an older house and I was under it yesterday to install some heat tape on the water pipes. I noticed a seeping from a T in the hot water line that receives from the hot water tank and then splits to go the washer and off to the rest of the house for it's hot water needs. The side that is...

Furring walls with epoxy [ 1 Answers ]

I have read several times that fastening furring strips (treated 2x4s) to concrete foundation walls with tapcons or shot driven nails may result in cracks and later leaks. Does anyone have a tried and true method of attaching furring to the foundation wall with some sort of epoxy instead?

View more questions Search