Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Little Mama Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Nov 10, 2006, 11:47 PM
    Faucet pull out knob and shower head dripping
    I have an EMCO standard tub faucet. There is water draining out of the shower pull out knob and the shower head itself when I am just pouring a bath. Why is this happening and can I get parts to fix this problem? Also, I can’t figure how to remove the pull out knob thing to see if it’s a cartridge situation to change or a seal of some sort. I am now getting water from this into my back wall and into my basement (hopefully just because of the caulking that I removed to clean the mold that settled on it). I am re caulking tonight. Also, what is wrong with using expired caulking?

Help!!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 14, 2006, 05:36 AM
    The best I can do is post a link; emco.kimablonwhitney.com/ - 10k
    Emco won't let me in to get data on their faucets. Your faucet will have to be opened up and the inlet ports checked and cleaned. Before you reassemble turn the water back on to flush out the supplies. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moen: water always coming from shower head when faucet is on. [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I just installed a moen l82839 shower/tub assembly. The problem I am having is that when I turn on the water, just to the tub, water comes from the shower head. The knob that turns on the shower head on the faucet is down, noting is leaking otherwise. I don't know what's wrong. Its like there...

Rain shower head & handheld shower head problem [ 4 Answers ]

I have a shower with 2 pipes for showers heads (one on the wall in front, and one on a side wall). The wall in front has a rain shower head on it. The wall to the side has a hand held shower head attached. The pipe with the hand held shower attached has a push button valve to turn the handheld on...

Tub Faucet runs at same time as Shower head [ 1 Answers ]

I am having a similar problem as this thread "Faucet and shower run simultaneously" https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/plumbing/faucet-shower-run-simultaneously-33198.html Except that I have a shower with 3 knobs. You turn the middle knob to turn the shower head on. This shower is at least ten...

American Standard - dripping from shower head [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have a problem with water dripping from my shower head. I have American Standard hardware with a single lever knob (shower only, no tub). I installed a new cartridge 023529-0070A but that has not fixed the problem. My house is only 4 years old. I'm not a skilled DIY type but this...

Leaking single knob tub faucet [ 1 Answers ]

How do I repair leaking single knob tub/shower faucet(Delta)?

View more questions Search