Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bbach1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2006, 09:55 PM
    Ceramic tile finish edge next to sliding door metal frame
    How do you finish the edge of ceramic tile next to edge of metal frame sliding door? Do you butt the edge of tile to edge strip or leave 1/4 inch gap for grout?

William rossbach
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Nov 13, 2006, 12:57 PM
    Don't leave a 1/4" thats too big of a gap. If you can leave an 1/16 -1/8" gap that would be better. Then seal this joint with a caulking close to the grout or tile color.
    If you grout the joint, the grout may crack and come loose due to the expansion of the alum. Door track.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to tile (ceramic) a bathroom ceiling? [ 9 Answers ]

My basement bathroom ceiling is very low (7ft), especially over the shower/tub area. As a result, I am installing ceramic tile on the ceiling because of the moisture thing. I'm already using the same 12x12 ceramic tile on the floor and walls. This tile is recommended for floor or walls. I...

Lubricate Sliding Glass Door [ 6 Answers ]

Our sliding glass door to the backyard has become more difficult to open and I'm wondering what can be done, if some type of lubricant is supposed to be used or does it need some repair to the metal track or the door itself. Any suggestions/resources are appreciated.

Removing Ceramic Tile from concrete slab [ 2 Answers ]

I am in th process of removing ceramic tile from my back porch. We are having a pool installed and need the slab scraped clean so they can float it install acrylic deck. I was told by the contractor that the surface needed to be as smooth as possible. Removing the tile was not difficult, I...

Ceramic Tile Baseboard [ 1 Answers ]

Hello - I am putting in a ceramic tile floor in a bathroom and plan on cutting the tiles and using them for a baseboard. Is there a correct size that this baseboard should be? And should I put anything on the top edge of the tile to finish it off? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

View more questions Search