Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kotadawn20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2006, 09:12 PM
    Algebra Solving inequalities
    Replace each (&) with the number that makes the inequalities equivalent.

x+(&)>=25 ; x>=-12

Ok I no the answer is 37 But I need to no how to get that please.

If you don't understand my questing in words it would mean X plus what is greater then or equal to 25 is equivalent to X is greater then or equal to -12
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2006, 12:46 AM
    You take the x limit from the last equation, and feed it into the first.

to find the limit, you then make it an equivalence:

-12 + (&) = 25

solve for (&).
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2006, 06:23 PM
    Simply subtract the 25 from the -12 to get the answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Inequalities [ 3 Answers ]

What is the ordered pair solution for -3x+y > 6? What is the ordered pair solution for 4x - 5y + 20 < 0 ?

Inequalities [ 7 Answers ]

I need help for this question Matt & matilda want to buy a set of dvd's from their TV show. Matt has $47 less than the purchase price, and matilda has $2 less then the purchase price. If they combine their money together, they still don't have enough to buy the dvd. What's the cost of this dvd...

Inequalities [ 3 Answers ]

Alice has gone to the hardware store to purchase two different kinds of cord she uses in kite construction. The first type of cord has a mass of 1.50g per metre, and the second type has a mass of 2.00g per metre. She intends to purchase no more than 6.0g in total. If x represents the length of the...

Solving for m and b [ 5 Answers ]

How would you break down these equations to solve for m and b? 9=-3m+b 4=-m+b Thank you.

Inequalities problem solving [ 3 Answers ]

Brandon and Pat drove from Edmonton to Saskatoon a distance of 545km. Brandon drove the first part of the trip at an average speed of 100km/h, and Pat drove the remainder at an average speed of 90km/h. If the trip took Brandon and Pat 5.75h, determine the number of hours each drove. I'm so lost, I...

View more questions Search