Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rmloudin25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2009, 12:17 PM
    Class 6 felony probation violation
    OK this is the situation... my fiancé was charged in 1999 w/ dist. of coc.. in virginia, was sentenced 20yrs w/ 20 yrs suspended with exception he would complete a program, w/ prob. For 20 yrs. He completed the program and then violated... he was sentenced 3 1/2 yrs pene. He completed and then violated 1 yr later. Now 4 yrs later he was arrested for capias of pro. viol. During this 4 yr he has maintaned a full time job, took care of me and 3 children. He has no new charges except the pro. viol. (class 6 felony prob. viol.) please let me know what you think may happen. Thank you
    SmellyDogsMom Posts: 67, Reputation: 3

Dec 3, 2009, 09:10 AM

In Virginai: Class 6 felonies, a term of imprisonment of not less than one year nor more than five years, or in the discretion of the jury or the court trying the case without a jury, confinement in jail for not more than twelve months and a fine of not more than $2,500, either or both.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2009, 10:48 AM

Hello r:

I don't know what a capias violation is, especially since you say he's been doing so well... If it was just a minor thing, or a technical violation they wouldn't have arrested him. Since they did, he's probably looking at some slam time.

That would be, of course, unless this capias thing is BOGUS. If so, a lawyer wouldn't hurt at all.

However, if the felony you mention is what he did to violate, then he's going to need a lawyer for sure.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 5, 2009, 11:15 AM

I would say that he is going back to prison for a longer time, judges do not like to keep seeing the same person back again and again.

If he was doing so well why did he violate ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felony probation violation [ 5 Answers ]

How much jail time is involved for receiving a DUI while on felony probation?

Felony probation felony violation-what will happen? [ 15 Answers ]

I have a godson whose mother is a convicted felon for forgery/writing checks, and is on felony probation, she was recently arrested, they had a bench warrant out for her arrest. She went to court, plead guilty, and went to court this morning to see what the charges were, they consisted of: usage of...

Felony probation violation [ 2 Answers ]

OK my boyfriend is on felony probation in Michigan for drug possession he caught some new charges for drugs again and has been in jail since 4-24-09 he had 2 charges both misd. He got 6 months for both and there running them concurrent his out date is 9-23-09, but now he has a probation violation...

Violation of felony probation [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend is on probation for a felony and now they sent him a letter saying that his probation is being summarily revoked and has to appear for arraignment... what I'm wondering is if he'll go to jail or if they'll just restart his probation (because it's only they first time he's ever violated...

Felony Violation of Felony Probation [ 7 Answers ]

I live in New York state, and this past week, my boyfriend, who is on Felony probation (and has already went through 1 out of 5 years) for criminal mischief, overdosed on heroin. He was caught with 2 bags of herion on him when the EMT and Police came. He then attempted to eat them so that he...

View more questions Search