Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dwell22 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2009, 08:10 PM
    Florida Contract to Lease Form
    Florida Contract to Lease Form

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We signed a Contract to Lease (not lease itself)in the State of Florida as Tenants. The Landlord then signed the Contract to Lease a day later. The Contract states that a Lease shall be entered into by a certain date. The date past but Landlord and Tenant were in negotiations (thru their brokers)during this period. Lease was signed by Tenant and sent to Landlord, but Landlord never signed,and Landlord signed lease with another Tenant. IS CONTRACT BINDING With Original TENANT? IS ORIGINAL TENANT ENTITLED TO DAMAGES DUE TO BREACH FROM LANDLORD?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2009, 06:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dwell22 View Post
    The Contract states that a Lease shall be entered into by a certain date. The date past but Landlord and Tenant were in negotiations (thru their brokers)during this period. Lease was signed by Tenant and sent to Landlord, but Landlord never signed,and Landlord signed lease with another Tenant. IS CONTRACT BINDING With Original TENANT? IS ORIGINAL TENANT ENTITLED TO DAMAGES DUE TO BREACH FROM LANDLORD?
    Hello d:

I'm having a case of déjà vu... Nonetheless, if the contract to lease was BREACHED, it must have some sanctions written in for violation... But, the LEASE wasn't entered into, therefore it cannot be enforced..

However, the situation makes no sense on its face... IF negotiations are NOT complete, no landlord would enter into a contract forcing him, not only to negotiate, but to CONCLUDE negotiations by a certain date... It just seems like there's ONE contract too many here.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Florida Contract to Lease Form [ 3 Answers ]

We signed a Contract to Lease (not lease itself)in the State of Florida as Tenants. The Landlord then signed the Contract to Lease a day later. The Contract states that a Lease shall be entered into by a certain date. The date past but Landlord and Tenant were in negotiations (thru their...

Florida landlord tenant lease. Can I break lease if I [ 3 Answers ]

So everything according to the lease but have tomove out before lease renewal date due to illness? I am disabled in an disabled apartment but my new medical problem gives cause for me to live in a gated, age appropriate setting. My doctor has written a letter stating I must move as soon as the...

Florida Used Car Contract Law [ 3 Answers ]

If I feel my wife and I were pressured into signing a used car contact and have not yet taken possession of the vehicle, can I get out of the contract (in state of Florida)? How long do I have to change my mind?

Verbal Lease after written lease agreement - Florida [ 6 Answers ]

I had a signed lease with my renter from March 2006 to October 2006. In September he failed to pay rent due to him trying to get his son from Social Services. We verbally agreed to extend the lease to a month to month basis and him adding an additional $50.00 per month to make up for Septembers...

View more questions Search