Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    36 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2009, 08:10 PM
    Is it OK to work out the same muscles in a 24 hour period
    I want to increase my time in the weight room because I'm not doing a winter sport this year but I do both spring and fall sports. But I don't want to do any harm to my muscles
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

Nov 30, 2009, 12:04 PM

I'm not any kind of expert on this but I can pass on the advice given to me when I was doing weights at the gym.

It's best not to work the same muscles every day as they need 24 hours to rest and use the work you have done to grow or tone up. Without the rest stage you won't get the gains from the work you have done. Better to do split training i.e. work on different groups on alternate days. Also, it's not recommended to train muscles that are already sore.

Maybe you could do some cardivascular work in between as the two enhance one another in terms of overall fitness.

I might also point out I'm female so don't know if the same advice would be given to men.
    36 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2009, 03:29 PM

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Double check my work on NPV, IRR and Payback Period [ 2 Answers ]

Caledonia is considering two additional mutually exclusive projects. The cash flows associated with these projects are as follows: YEAR PROJECT A PROJECT B 0 -$100,000 -$100,000 1 32,000 0 2 32,000 0 3 32,000 0 4 32,000 0 5 32,000 $200,000 The required rate of return on these...

Total Conversion Costs for the Period, How Do You Work It? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello my name is Douglas. I'm new to this site & know not what to do. I need some help with Total Conversion Costs for the Period? Can you help?:(

No period in 35 days and negative pregnant. Test & blood work? [ 10 Answers ]

I started on the birth control pill in February 08 now, December hadn't started my period. I have that I am 35 days late as of today. Took two pregnancy test and negative. I went to the doctor on 12-04-08 for a blood test and came back negative. I have been having for about two weeks of and on...

Hurt at work fired hour later for something else [ 3 Answers ]

I have been having major issues with a new boss. Today at work someone mopped out a freezer unknown to me and the floor was a sheet of ice and islipped and my back is in severe pain. While I was filling out my first report of injury my boss came in and fired me for a non related issue can I still...

View more questions Search