Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2009, 09:37 PM

Nice sergie , glad you got the "posting pics" thing going now.
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2009, 12:46 PM
    Sergie the flowers are beautiful.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Dec 10, 2009, 01:09 PM

Sergie, those are beautiful flowers.
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2009, 01:35 PM

I hope you all will indulge me for a moment. One of the last e-mails I received from Chery, she typed the following:

"I would love to include a small portrait of Alex and Me at the end of one of the posts in the thread 'hospital' if I can, as you are such a talent and it should get recognized world-wide, but I will not include the picture if you don't want me to. I cannot believe that over 8 thousand visitors went to that thread, wow, what an impression that is and I am truly humble."

I do not include this note nor the image as a boost to me. I realize this is not the thread she mentioned but it seems to be the one who gets visited the most now. I wrote her back and told her I would feel honored she even wanted to post it and of course she could. She did not have time enough to post and I do so now in honor of her. This is not by best work, not for lack of trying. I think I wanted to capture all that Chery is and her love for Alex, her grandson, two years old at the time of the photo she sent me to work from... I told her I was almost finished but was having such a time getting Alex's mouth just right. She laughed really hard and said that the mouth is a family trait and if you see any of the family, you would know them by the shape of their mouths. We had a good laugh and I realized I was trying too hard to capture all the love she has for Alex. The name of the drawing is "Oma and Alex". She received it in time to give it to Alex for his birthday and it hangs in his bedroom right in front of his bed. She told me that he wanted it there so he could see his "Oma" the first thing in the morning when he woke up. Thank you for the opportunity to post what she wanted posted and please know I was humbled that she even asked me to do the drawing.
    Attached Images

Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Dec 10, 2009, 01:55 PM
    jrebel7, thank you for sharing the picture. It is a wonderful picture that does capture the love between the two of them and how much you care about Chery.
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2009, 01:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    jrebel7, thank you for sharing the picture. It is a wonderful picture that does capture the love between the two of them and how much you care about Chery.
    It was my pleasure to share. I miss her so much. Thank you for your kind words.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Dec 10, 2009, 02:04 PM

God Bless You Rebbie, from my heart thanks hon.
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2009, 02:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    God Bless You Rebbie, from my heart thanks hon.
    I know you are hurting also. We find strength in the support of our friends. Thank you for being my friend.
    Business Expert

Dec 10, 2009, 02:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebel7 View Post
    I know you are hurting also. We find strength in the support of our friends. Thank you for being my friend.
    That will always be a truth.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2009, 02:56 PM
    It's a beautiful picture and I think I did see it before on another thread, but much much smaller where you couldn't make out the detail.
    It's wonderful:)
    Business Expert

Dec 10, 2009, 03:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Dahlia View Post
    It's a beautiful picture and I think I did see it before on another thread, but much much smaller where you couldn't make out the detail.
    It's wonderful:)
    Rebbie is a rare, talented person.
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2009, 06:48 PM

I should have included the photo Chery sent to me to work from for the drawing. She cropped it from a group photo. You will notice the blouse is different. I began to work it as is but it took away from her face because of the pattern. I asked if she minded if I modified it. She said, "Honey, you just do anything you want to!" That's our Chery!! :)
    Attached Images

Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2009, 07:01 PM
    Oh My God, that's perfect:eek:
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2009, 07:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Dahlia View Post
    Oh My God, that's perfect:eek:
    Those smiles live in my mind and in my heart every day! :)
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2009, 09:39 PM

Rebbie that's just great , put a lump in my throat.

You are an Angel!!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 10, 2009, 10:41 PM

She really is an angel M. Our Rebbie. I miss her.

Now we have a MommaC angel. I hope she gets around to haunting me soon. I keep waiting. She promised! :)
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2009, 10:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    She really is an angel M. Our Rebbie. I miss her.
    I miss our Rebby too Alty , hint hint Princess Rebby ;)

Name:  Sweet-Little-Princess-blog.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  4.7 KB
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Jan 16, 2010, 04:30 PM

Im sorry I didn't get to tell you my final good bye's before you left us, Chery... you had the biggest heart and you Always made me smile.. I will miss you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

In love with first love from thirty years ago, but he is married. [ 19 Answers ]

This is complicated. I have had a life-long friendship with my first love. He is my oldest brother's best friend. We dated for three years when I was a teenager, split up over a misunderstanding and never discussed the situation. We both married the people we started dated when we stopped...

Remembering and feeling grateful [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys, I was just listening to some music I wrote 9 months ago (at time of break up). Wow, I was hurting. I don't even recognize myself but there I was in pain and at the peak of my heartbreak. I just wanted to thank everyone here for everything they do. Also, stick with NC new people. It...

What, at least, 3 things are you grateful for? [ 8 Answers ]

Thanksgiving day is coming soon in the USA So... Here are some of mine….. 1. I’m grateful for a God that loves us so much that He gives us the opportunity to join Him in Hid kingdom of heaven in a life after this mortal one. 2. I’m grateful for all the blessings and graces He has given to my...

Song Grateful [ 1 Answers ]

Who is the artisit that sings the church song grateful

View more questions Search