Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    woody26 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2009, 04:18 PM
    Light bulb size for a multi-speed four light five blade Casablanca Fan
    I had a Casablanca ceiling fan (5 blades/4 lights) installed in the late 1970s or 1980s. It's still going great, but I am uncertain whether it can take more than 40 watt light bulbs. I would like to generate more light and am wondering if I can install 60 watt light bulbs in this fixture? Does anyone know whether this can be done.

I am not certain where the paper work or manual is for this fan.

Thanks,
    Shirley
    [email protected]
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2009, 04:24 PM

Can't say for sure, but believe most are rated 60 watts or greater, Fluorescent may provide the light without the heat. May have to remove the screws securing the light kit to see maybe a label inside light kit canopy.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2009, 09:56 PM

If it is an InteliTouch fan you cannot use fluorescents.

60 watt bulbs are fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing Light Bulb in Hampton Bay Halogen Pendant Light [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay track lighting system in my dining room and need to replace a couple of bulbs that have gone out. How does the fixture come apart to replace the bulb? The globe is shaped like an inverted champagne flute and it has a frosted cover inside covering the halogen bulb, but the flute...

Ceiling Fan Light Bulb Size? [ 9 Answers ]

HELP! I have a ceiling fan... I do not know the maker... I can not find replacement bulbs! The current bulbs are clear and look like just like the A15 in shape - however, the base size is in between a medium/standard and the candelabra size. The only info I can read on the bulb is 120V/60W which...

Light bulb in ceiling fan not working [ 3 Answers ]

We have a ceiling fan with a light fixture in a bedroom, I think it is a Hunter fan. There was a shorting noise and the light no longer worked. I replaced the pull switch because that has happened before. When that did not work, I what the bulb mounts into. That also did not work. I tested the...

Problems with Casablanca bulb replacement [ 5 Answers ]

I just recently tried to replace a Casablanca ceiling fan light bulb with the same spec bulb (E11 base, 120V, 100W mini candelabra) and the new bulb stays on all the time... I can't switch it off anymore... I tried this with two new bulbs, but same result. Please help!

Casablanca ceiling fan and light spin different directions [ 1 Answers ]

I installed an upgrade kit following the directions EXACTLY ! When I turned it on the light worked fine but when I turned on the fan it started to spin but the light also started to spin in the OPPOSITE direction. What did I do wrong? It is controlled by a intel-touch wall control.

View more questions Search