Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Nov 28, 2009, 11:15 AM
    Mocha recipe?
    OK, please excuse me if this is a dumb question. I'm not someone who's completely comfortable in the kitchen. This is just something I've been curious about for a few days now.

Can you make mocha just by putting unsweetened coco powder in with the coffee when you brew it? If so, what is the ratio?
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2009, 10:43 AM
    No it would have to be sweetened, like Hershey syrup and a true Mocha would also have cream in it.

Depending on how sweet you want it 1 or 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup will do:)

Frappachino would be similar but with caramel.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Dec 3, 2009, 10:49 AM

OK, I was just curious. Not sure if I'd ever try it, my brain just likes to come up with questions I don't know the answers to ^_^
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Dec 3, 2009, 10:58 AM

I usually make my mocha with hot coca mix like Swiss Miss or Nestle. I mix the entire packet of powder with about 1/2 of a tablespoon of instant coffee. I mix the mixture with 1/2 cup of hot water, stir it, and pour milk to fill the rest of the cup. Then I microwave it.

If you are using brewed coffee instead of instant put the mix in after the coffee is made. If the coca mix is not instant then you can use it in the coffee maker.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2009, 09:21 AM

At the café I used to work at we would mix a tablespoon of cocoa powder with a little water until it was a thick syrup.
    Then line up the coffee shot out of the machine so you still get the crema on top.
    Then add the heated milk.

All in a latte glass, 1cm foam on top, wrap glass with fancy serviette :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Colour can I paint my basement walls with a Mocha couch [ 5 Answers ]

I'm Paniting my Basement walls and I want to know what would be the perfect colour to go with my Mocha couch

Need recipe [ 2 Answers ]

Back in the early 70's I frequented a restaurant in San Francisco called "The Hippopatamus Burger". They had a desert that was to die for. It consisted of a battered deep fried banana section with a dip or two of vanilla ice cream and a sauce poured over the top. The sauce was the key...

Bero recipe [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to find a recipe from the bero cookbook. It is for a courgette and pepper cobbler. Anyone help?

Recipe Trade: Here's my MarsBar Cheesecake Recipe (A real winner!) [ 1 Answers ]

From My Family Kitchen to Yours.. Want to trade a tried and tested family favorite? Here's one from my kitchen.. MarsBar Cheesecake, perfect for a Special Birthday - Sure to put a smile on that Birthday Persons dile:) This recipe is for a LARGE Cake - if you are catering for a smaller...

Looking for a recipe. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. We're looking for a cabbage recipe that we once had that was made with shredded cabbage, farmer's cheese, and some other ingredients. It was made in a frying pan and was very much like a pierogi filling. Does anyone have any idea how to make this recipe? Thanks. Dave.

View more questions Search