Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmclelan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2006, 12:02 PM
    80s/90s movie: runaway kids
    It's driving me crazy what is the title of this movie? It's either from the 80s or early 90s and its about these 4 kids that runaway from home, because their dad dies or both parents die and they steal cars and run away and then later they get caught by some random lady and she takes them to their uncle... idk there are 2 boys and one girl and oldest to youngest it goes boy, girl, boy, girl maybe set in Arizona or some where western? I don't know HELP PLEASE!!!
    stellar_kar Posts: 71, Reputation: 8

Nov 12, 2006, 12:57 PM
    Is this I?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107130/
    444JES444 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2008, 02:29 AM
    Yea that's not the right movie. Did you ever figure out the name? Because I'm trying to remember the name as well, and I can't remember it at all. If you could help me out that would be great.
    farel22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2008, 08:45 AM
    Dude I been trying to figure a movie that sounds like your question and I just found it today its called Big Shots but I don't know if that's the one your talking about
    444JES444 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2008, 01:10 AM
    No that's not the one I was looking for
    FieryRuby Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2008, 11:28 PM
    I may be wrong about this but there is one movie from the feature films for families called On Our Own. On Our Own - Feature Films For Families
    Telepathetic23 Posts: 60, Reputation: 6

Nov 4, 2008, 12:38 AM

Six Pack (1982)

Six Pack... not exactly what you asked for... but maybe
    JJFOXX Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2008, 09:12 AM
    The same question is driving me crazy. Were they adopted, looking for their real parents... did one of the kids think it had a dinosaur egg or something?
    bashley0611 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2009, 07:44 PM
    Is it A Far Off Place?
    LunarBlue Posts: 88, Reputation: 10

Jan 31, 2009, 09:12 PM
    Was there a scene where the oldest boy was being bullied or something by a guy and the younger brother picks up horse crap and throws it at him?
    I've seen a number of movies with runaway kids in them
    Kendra28 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2009, 04:42 PM
    I've been wondering for years on a movie similar to what you are describing. It might possibly be the same movie. What I remember is kids running away because their mom gets arrested or something happens to her. Child services is going to take them.. so they take off. They steal cars and at point they steal gas... leaving a note on the gas pump, that they are sorry and they will pay it back or something like that. Later they end up at some guys house (not sure if it's the dad or who) But he has a zebra fur couch.. and he is having a party when they show up. I think he didn't want them or something.. Crazy! If you find your answer plaese let me know.. it could be the same movie :)
    CoreysWife Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2009, 08:52 AM
    I'm trying to figure out this same movie!
    brandy6986 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2009, 10:17 PM
    Ok, so I got the same kind of problem.. but I think mine is a totally different movie all together but.. there's these kids that run away from an orphange or something.. and their running through the woods and its all rainy and muddy.. then they end up in some kind of stream/brook.. and they have a hard time swimming.. but they some how end up at this place where they meet a old wind up soilder (tin/brass big round guy) ? And he helps these kids get away from these other bad guys that are decked out in black and white spandex with painted faces the same if I remember correctly.. with wheels for feet? And like elf hats? Lmao then they get in trouble with some kind of moutain/rock god and he captured some of their friends/family and they have to go through this room with a bunch of orniments.. and if they pick the right orniments they will get their friends back.. they come to realize all the orniments with emeralds are who their looking for... I always thought it was a second part to the wizard of oz called the emerald city but.. that's just the city the wizard lives in.. I CAN NOT find it anywhere.. I'm starting to believe I made this up in my head..

If any one has any idea of what I'm talking about please get back to me
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Jul 27, 2009, 06:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by brandy6986 View Post
    Ok, so i got the same kinda problem.. but i think mine is a totally different movie all together but.. theres these kids that run away from an orphange or something.. and their running through the woods and its all rainy and muddy.. then they end up in some kinda stream/brook.. and they have a hard time swimming.. but they some how end up at this place where they meet a old wind up soilder (tin/brass big round guy) ? and he helps these kids get away from these other bad guys that are decked out in black and white spandex with painted faces the same if i remember correctly.. with wheels for feet? and like elf hats? lmao then they get in trouble with some kinda moutain/rock god and he captured some of thier friends/family and they have to go through this room with a bunch of orniments.. and if they pick the right orniments they will get their friends back.. they come to realize all the orniments with emeralds are who their looking for.......... i always thought it was a second part to the wizard of oz called the emerald city but.. thats just the city the wizard lives in.. i CAN NOT find it anywhere.. im starting to believe i made this up in my head..

if any one has any idea of what im talking about please get back to me
    Return to Oz (1985)
    brandy6986 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2009, 09:03 AM
    I totally love you!! Ahahaha thank youuu!
    crazy1096 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2009, 11:54 PM
    On our own is the title
    EightyAwesome Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2010, 04:37 AM
    It's definitely "On Our Own" by FFFF! I was looking for the name too, thanks to FieryRuby.
    morr0414 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2010, 04:09 PM
    Im looking for a very similar movie. Just in the one I'm looking for one of the charectors owned an old lion. Is it a movie from the early 80's?
    ElectricMay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2010, 10:01 PM
    I think you're looking for Help Wanted: Kids

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091194/
    Loud_Noises Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2011, 12:51 PM
    It is called "On Our Own."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Children's movie from 80s or 90s.. Dancing baby dolls.. apple tree [ 6 Answers ]

There is a movie I used to love as a kid and I have no idea what it's called. There is a girl who enters a world through her mirror where there are little babies singing and dancing on a bridge. She does something and falls into a hole where there is a witch and some monsters and a big apple tree...

Three unknown animated movie titles 80s/early 90s [ 26 Answers ]

For the last couple years I've been on a quest to find all the movies I used to love as a kid. But I'm down to 3 that seem impossible! Maybe one of you can help me! :D Movie 1 - I recently had a tiny break in this case. This movie was almost definitely made from a children's book called "The...

Scfi cartoon movie from late 80s maybe 90s [ 5 Answers ]

This ones been boiling my brain for some time now and I can only remember small bits so I'll apologise now. It was a scifi animated film a bit of a star wars rip off where a young man blonde I think, has to save (I think) his siter, it starts in and underground mine/volcano where the young man is...

80s or 90s (?) Fantasy Movie Title [ 6 Answers ]

Ok, so I vaguely remember watching a fantasy movie over 10 years ago where there was something about trying to save some unicorns (someone was trying to kill them perhaps?). There was lots of snow at some point and I thinK I remember goblins or something like them. This is so frustrating because...

80s or early 90s movie? [ 2 Answers ]

I think it's a movie from the 80s or early 90s. My brother and I have been trying to find it everywhere. There was this house with random people. I think they were all family members. One was a fly with a human head. There was a realllllly big baby. I'm pretty sure it was a comedy. If anyone could...

View more questions Search