Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shihouzhuge Posts: 131, Reputation: 6

Nov 28, 2009, 08:04 AM
    I would like to be here for solving all kinds of Chinese questions
    Hi,everyone!

I'm not sure whether this thread would be deleted or not...

I'm a Chinese,and I would like to help you to solve all kinds of questions about China.

If you find this thread, any question will be welcome... :D
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2009, 08:24 AM

Hello Young Man:

I'm glad you're around. There's a lot we could learn from you. Before we start, are you able to tell the truth about your country without getting into trouble? It's our understanding here in the west, that your internet use is monitored by your government. Is that so?

excon

PS> Maybe somebody will move this thread over to current events, which it surly is.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2009, 08:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shihouzhuge View Post
    Hi,everyone!

I'm not sure whether this thread would be deleted or not...

I'm a Chinese,and I would like to help you to solve all kinds of questions about China.

If you find this thread, any question will be welcome...:D
    Hi shihouzhuge! That's nice to know that you are here, willing to answer any, and all, questions concering China, and it's culture. I have a question for you, if I may.

The Chinese language as written, has many characters, how does the keyboard on a computer look over there?

It would seem to me that your language would require a huge keypad.

Nov 28, 2009, 08:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmjoseph View Post
    Hi shihouzhuge! That's nice to know that you are here, willing to answer any, and all, questions concering China, and it's culture. I have a question for you, if I may.

The Chinese language as written, has many characters, how does the keyboard on a computer look over there?

It would seem to me that your language would require a huge keypad.
    Hi,jmjoseph.
    :D,it's funny for your saying that:)

A Chinese keyboard is the same as yours, and there're many ways for us to enter a Chinese. I really like to enter it by using "pinyin", which you all are learning...

As for the characters, we also use 7 000 characters.:)

Nov 28, 2009, 08:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello Young Man:

I'm glad you're around. There's a lot we could learn from you. Before we start, are you able to tell the truth about your country without getting into trouble? It's our understanding here in the west, that your internet use is monitored by your government. Is that so?

excon

PS> Maybe somebody will move this thread over to current events, which it surly is.
    Hi,excon.:D
    What you said really shocked me... :) I think the media in the west have misunderstood our government.:o
    Just take it easy,I could say everything on the internet, and I'm always safe.:D

I don't mind ,If this thread moved over to current events, and sorry for my false because I don't know where it should be:)
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2009, 09:05 AM
    What you said really shocked me...:) I think the media in the west have misunderstood our government.
    Hello again, s:

That's why I said we could learn a lot from you... It's not only our media. Our very own government needs to vilify countries that are not aligned with them.

I am extremely pleased to know that you can speak freely.

One question that is now on our current events page, is whether capitalism can blend with communism? My belief, is that it can, and has demonstrated it quite clearly over the recent past...

What do you think about that? Are you a capitalist? It's my view, that no matter what kind of government you have, the Chinese people are VERY capitalistic. Would you agree?

Don't worry about where you put your post. We have administrators who do the worrying for us.

excon
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2009, 09:16 AM
    Hi,jmjoseph.
    :D,it's funny for your saying that:)

A Chinese keyboard is the same as yours, and there're many ways for us to enter a Chinese. I really like to enter it by using "pinyin", which you all are learning...

As for the characters, we also use 7 000 characters.:)
    My son, who is fascinated by your culture at age 7, and I looked up "pinyin". It is amazing that they have this as to allow you to communicate in an easier manner.

7000 characters? WOW, how long does it take to learn all of them? We have 26 letters, as you know. It is very easy for our children to learn them all at a very young age. At what age does a Chinese child have command of your language, and do you use all 7000 of them on a day to day basis?

Nov 28, 2009, 06:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmjoseph View Post
    My son, who is fascinated by your culture at age 7, and I looked up "pinyin". It is amazing that they have this as to allow you to communicate in an easier manner.

7000 characters? WOW, how long does it take to learn all of them? We have 26 letters, as you know. It is very easy for our children to learn them all at a very young age. At what age does a Chinese child have command of your language, and do you use all 7000 of them on a day to day basis?
    :D
    Hi,jmjoseph,I do like the cute baby!

7000 characters means you could say whatever you want in a literary way. Of course I don't use all 7000 words a day, if I do that , I will have no time to sleep and have a meal. Haha... Therefore, I guess I use about 150 words per day. Such as, "do you have a meal?","what are you doing?"...

In fact, if you know 100 characters, you could communicate with a Chinese.
    When you were 5 in China, you could say anything in Chinese in some easier manners:) As you grow up, you would learn more words by reading books.:)

However, the difficulty is, when one word is associated with another word will have it's another meaning... :)

Thanks!

Nov 28, 2009, 06:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, s:

That's why I said we could learn a lot from you... It's not only our media. Our very own government needs to vilify countries that are not aligned with them.

I am extremely pleased to know that you can speak freely.

One question that is now on our current events page, is whether capitalism can blend with communism? My belief, is that it can, and has demonstrated it quite clearly over the recent past...

What do you think about that? Are you a capitalist? It's my view, that no matter what kind of government you have, the Chinese people are VERY capitalistic. Would you agree?

Don't worry about where you put your post. We have administrators who do the worrying for us.

excon
    Hi,excon.:)

In fact, our Chinese always don't care about whether we're capitalism or communism.
    As Xiaoping Deng says, we don't care the cat is white or black,and it is a good one if it could catch the mouse.

The media in China seems friendly with the west countries, and I'm confused it's contray in the media in the west countries...

On the other hand, most Chinese love their government besides a few people, and we don't think there is so much difference between capitalism and communism. By the way,would you mind telling me your age, please?

What's more, I'm sorry for that I may not be a capitalist. As for communist,I am not exactly sure... Because I'm not so interested in politics like most Chinese.:)

By the way, if you do want me to discuss something about that, please show me the links.

Thanks!
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2009, 09:06 PM

I had a tiny lesson in the Chinese symbol structure. It's my understanding that you have basic structures with modifiers in the character set. So it's not that you have a 7000 character keyboard, but more like lots of SHIFT keys that can be used in combination.

Nov 28, 2009, 09:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid View Post
    I had a tiny lesson in the Chinese symbol structure. It's my understanding that you have basic structures with modifiers in the character set. So it's not that you have a 7000 character keyboard, but more like lots of SHIFT keys that can be used in combination.
    Hi,KeepItSimpleStupid.

What you said was exact!

I want to show the pictures that shows the way we enter Chinese, but I don't know how to do... When I clicked the "Insert Image", it showed a "http", but the picture was in my computer.

Could you tell me how to insert an image from my computer,please?

Thanks!

Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2009, 09:58 PM
    It's nice to have you back on here, shihouzhuge!

If you click on "Go Advanced", you'll find a little image of a paper clip at the top of the Message Box. When you click on it, you'll find how to post images here.

Thanks!

Nov 28, 2009, 10:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    It's nice to have you back on here, shihouzhuge!

If you click on "Go Advanced", you'll find a little image of a paper clip at the top of the Message Box. When you click on it, you'll find how to post images here.

Thanks!
    Hi, Clough, miss you so much!
    Now I'll try it again, thanks!
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2009, 10:11 PM
    Depending on the size of your images, you might need to re-size them if they are too large.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2009, 10:16 PM

Basically "Go advanced/Manage attachments". If you need to re0size use the free program www.Irfanview.com

Nov 28, 2009, 10:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Depending on the size of your images, you might need to re-size them if they are too large.

Thanks!
    Thanks, Clough, Well done!
    Have you seen that picture? I made it!
    And that's the way we enter Chinese.:)
    Please come here,jmjoseph and KeepItSimpleStupid...

Uber Member

Nov 28, 2009, 10:28 PM
    Congratulations, shihouzhuge! You did a great job! :)

Nov 29, 2009, 10:05 PM

Could anyone tell me whether my title was wrong or not ?
    I mean, "i would like to be here for solving all kind of Chinese questions" may not be correct, and should I have to say "i would like to be here to solve all kinds of question"?
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2009, 10:23 PM

The question title is fine, your quote is wrong. In your title you capitalized I and used kinds instead of "kind" which is also correct.

You may have meant to say "As a member of this community, I would like to contribute by answering questions about Chinese culture."

This is what I took it to mean in an informal forum. The above sentence doesn't belong in a heading.

Nov 30, 2009, 03:22 AM

Thanks,KISS.

However, I cann't change the title by myself...
    I don't think it's a proper place where I post this thread, but I don't know if there's a proper place for me to post it...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kinds of Champagne [ 11 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a good kind of champagne?? One that is on the fruity side?? I can't seem to find a good bottle.

Solving math questions in 5 seconds [ 5 Answers ]

How can I solve 21x29 in 5 seconds?

Seven Kinds Of Sex [ 5 Answers ]

SEVEN KINDS OF SEX Results of a recent research shows that there are 7 kinds of sex. The 1st kind of sex: Smurf Sex. * This kind of sex happens when you first meet someone, and you both Have sex until you are blue in the face. The 2nd kind of sex: Kitchen Sex.

Solving challenging probabilities questions [ 1 Answers ]

an elevetor in a building starts with five passengers and stops at seven floor. In each passenger is equaly likely to get off at any floor and all the passengers leave independently of each other. What is thr probability that no two passengers will get off at the same floor.

Seven Kinds [ 2 Answers ]

Seven kinds of Sex The 1st kind of sex is called: Smurf Sex. This kind of sex happens when you first meet someone and you both have sex until you are blue in the face. The 2nd kind of sex is called: Kitchen Sex. This is when you have been with your partner for a short time and you...

View more questions Search