Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    9Lives Posts: 63, Reputation: 7

Nov 27, 2009, 10:39 AM
    What do you drink when you go out?
    I am having a hard time figuring out what is the right drink for me when I go out or when I am meeting a date for a drink. I don't have the money to experiment with all the drinks but I kind of wish I had a way to fiqure this out. Anyone know a website where you can take a quiz or another way to figure this out? I have been trying for a while to figure this out. I want to drink but I want to ENJOY my drink... what do you think?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2009, 11:20 AM

Whether to drink alcohol and if so, what kind/type/brand is up to the individual.

I'm a very light weight drinker - I mostly drink good white wine (red gives me a headache). I will occasionally have a bloody mary made with very good vodka OR a scotch and water, likewise - good scotch.

My personal preferences.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 27, 2009, 11:34 AM

Beer! I love beer! :)

I will drink wine once in a while, but sadly I don't enjoy white, and like Judy, red gives me a headache.

I also love pina coladas, and taking walks in the rain. ;)
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2009, 11:46 AM
    Barcardi and coke... yes,my downfall,but I don't get a hangover and feel fine the next day...

Have to say though there are really nice non alcohol drinks available now..

And beer.. I like beer too.. budweiser,gives me a shocking headache,but love the taste.

White wine... fruity and sweet..

And maybe a baileys...

This list could go on for a while..
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 28, 2009, 10:08 AM

Vodka martinis straight up, chilled, with lots of olives. My son likes his with Gray Goose vodka which is $60. A bottle here in Ontario. I enjoy clamato cesars with lots of seasoned salt rimmer around the glass with lemon and lots of ice.

Red wine is not a favourite of mine, even if it is a good red. Piat DOr white french is my favourite white wine.

Tick
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2009, 09:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Vodka martinis straight up, chilled, with lots of olives. My son likes his with Gray Goose vodka which is $60. a bottle here in Ontario. I enjoy clamato cesars with lots of seasoned salt rimmer around the glass with lemon and lots of ice.

Red wine is not a favourite of mine, even if it is a good red. Piat DOr white french is my favourite white wine.

tick
    I can get Gray Goose (with out really searching) for $27.00:eek:

Anyway, I LOVE LOVE Chianti with Italian! Mai Tais with Asian! Beer with junk food! And white wine with pretty much anything:rolleyes: although I have had a couple of really good 'Petite Sirahs' recently.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2009, 02:25 AM

I drink wine (both red and white) at home. If I go out, I might have wine, or if I feel like doing liquor, it's usually like Winsor n Coke. (I'm a whiskey person.) On rare occasions I'll get daiquiris or margaritas, but not often. (Maybe in a Mexican restaurant.)

However, that means absolutely nothing for anyone else. There is no way anyone could know what kind of drink you might like. Is there something you already know you like or dislike?

I'm curious why it is that you know you want to drink, but seem to be having a hard time finding what you like. If you don't know that you like it, how can you know you want to drink? If you just want to get drunk, get a Long Island Ice Tea. If you think you're impressing your date, then you need a different date.

If you really aren't much of a drinker, you'd more likely like something a bit sweeter or fruitier, something that isn't dry (like dry wine or gin) and something that doesn't have a strong alcohol taste. For instance, a white zin, or a strawberry daiquiri or Tom Collins or a fruity margarita. People's tastes generally change the more they drink. (I used to drink Lambrusco and Sloe Gin Fizzes when I was young, which I would find thoroughly disgusting now.)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 29, 2009, 02:45 AM
    I used to chase Tequila shots with Tequila Sunrises... but to each his/her own.

These days I stick to Captain Morgan Spiced Rum and Coke with a lime twist. Tastes like Dr. Pepper.
    Expert

Nov 29, 2009, 08:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Dahlia View Post
    I can get Gray Goose (with out really searching) for $27.00:eek:

Our liquor laws and prices are controlled by the government. We can't buy liquor or beer at a corner store here in Ontario and other provinces as well. Ontario does have a great selection of wines of our own that are produced in the Niagara peninsula.

Tick
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2009, 08:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 9Lives View Post
    I want to drink but I want to ENJOY my drink...what do you think?
    Hello 9:

Personally, I don't enjoy having the bed spin when I lie down. I don't like puking my guts out. I don't like stinking. I don't like making a fool of myself. I don't like DUI's. I don't like drunks. I don't like not being able to perform sexually...

So, I drink tomato juice.

excon
    Expert

Nov 29, 2009, 02:15 PM

While in the liquor store the other day I was searching for something different to have at my own 'happy hour'. A time before dinner when I have cooked something exceptionally nice for my family, a before dinner drink.

I came across Dubonnet again, after all these years and remembered I really enjoyed a Dubonnet cocktail (made with a good vodka and Dubonnet, one ounce of vodka then 3 of Dubonnet), or Duibonnet just by itself with lemon and ice. It is a good winter before dinner drink, or fall if you will, but not summer.

That is what I am having right now, after preparing swedish meatballs with sour cream sauce over noodles and brussel sprouts.

Here is to anyone in the eastern time zone who is sitting down to relax after a busy weekend before dinner.

Cheers ! I am extremely pleased, this weekend I received a very large stained glass commission to one client ! Now to find the time to do it.

Tick
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2009, 02:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Personally, I don't enjoy having the bed spin when I lie down. I don't like puking my guts out. I don't like stinking. I don't like making a fool of myself. I don't like DUI's. I don't like drunks. I don't like not being able to perform sexually...
    I drink wine all the time and do not have these problems. Well, not usually. It's not like none of these have ever happened before and I don't like it either, which is why I drink but don't go around getting drunk.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DUI and still want to drink [ 9 Answers ]

I now can't drink at all and have to take urine test once a month but I wonder how effective are these test or lets just say when should I quit having a glass of wine with my dinner and no I'm not driving ofcoarse. Please only respond if you know and keep your opinons to yourself thank you I'm 48...

How do you know if you drink too much? [ 8 Answers ]

Hey I was just curious.. How do you know if you drink too much?

My lab won't eat or drink. What do I do? [ 9 Answers ]

My lab started vomiting 5 nights ago, since then she won't eat or drink. I think the last time she had a bowel movement was 3 or 4 days ago and it was more like diarrhea. I took her to the vet and they think she might have something stuck in her intestinal tract. I would not be surprised because...

Dog will not drink [ 2 Answers ]

My dog just had her teeth cleaned and a bump removed on her eye lid, she was put under, and will not drink any water. She is eating fine and going to the bathroom, but has not had any water in two days and very little water before that. What do I do ?

Can I drink this [ 1 Answers ]

I just purchased on eBay a bottle of cherry marnier liqueur about 30 years old. It is unopened, never opened and around 48 proof Is it safe to drink

View more questions Search