Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2009, 07:10 PM

The signs of the end days have been happening since bible days. Since the recording of the start of men, men have been trying to predict the end, because they thought they were in the end times.

There are many things I can point out in the bible too, but it is not just one verse or paragraph you need to read the whole story to get the complete picture. Jehovah Witnesses tends to pick out single verses just to prove their point and teach what they think is right, but it is not. You have to read everything to get the whole picture and not pick out certain verses to make it convenient to their teachings.
    RadioActive697 Posts: 295, Reputation: 13

Nov 26, 2009, 08:45 PM

Jesushelper76- I respect, undersand and believe you. Thanks you have help a lot. Im seriously saying thank you and best wishes!
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2009, 01:22 AM

Can you at least back up what your saying?

WHY do you believe the things you do? WHAT are these signs? WHO are you for telling us the world will end soon? WHERE in the bible does it give these signs that indicate the time is soon [and I mean OUR time]? HOW do you know these things, just because of the Bible--- have you no other resources?

You can't just come here state something and not back it up, that just silly.

-sigh-
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2009, 03:20 AM
    I've seen this before: a teenager is having a tough go at life at the moment and, instead of taking steps to better one's life or waiting it out, they hope that the world ends and their angst is over along with it. Being a teenager is tough, we all went through it and so will you. I was a Big Brother to a boy whose mom was a Jehovah's Witness, she did not think that the end was near but I could see that she seemed to have blinders on to a whole world outside of Kingdom Hall.

Nov 27, 2009, 10:04 AM

NeedKarma- I don't want the world to end. I never said that. And I do take steps to better my life and also others. I actually like this world we live in. But I truly hate mankinds ways and actions they have put toward this beautiful planet and these wonderful animals. There's always something I hear on the news that's bad. I love humans dearly to my heart but come on we can think for ourselves, figure out problems, decide what wrong or right. But we just throw it away. You see my point?
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2009, 10:19 AM
    I guess we choose to view the world differently. I think this is a great world. I'm having a blast with my two kids, my wife and I even like my job. We travel a little bit and meet nice people and cool places. Life is what you make it. If you want to focus on the bad then that's your thing but don't tell me that because you are focusing on the bad that the world is ending.

Nov 27, 2009, 10:22 AM

Mudweiser- I do have proof trust me I do. So here goes...
    These are the signs
    Matthew 24:7
    Luke 21:11
    2 Timothy 3:1-5
    Daniel 12:4
    Matthew 24:3, 14
    These are all but your bible may be different because you may have a different religion.
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2009, 10:24 AM
    I have no bible. I don't follow that. You realize that was written 2,000 years ago right? Why would think it is relevant right now, in 2009?

Nov 27, 2009, 10:50 AM

NK-I undersand where you are coming from. And I do focus on the good. I just want humans to realize that they can't always put themselves first. But I know everyone isn't like that. And that I can't get everything I want. But I try to help out but I feel that its not helping out all. And every time I hear about or see animal abuse or humans health issues I try to fight the tears but they just burst out. But I hope the best for you!

Nov 27, 2009, 10:55 AM

NK- why its relevant because its very important factual information. And we use stuff over 3,000 years ago to help us know in life because its relevant. Period.
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2009, 10:57 AM
    I and my family function very well without that "factual" information. Good luck to you!

Nov 27, 2009, 11:28 AM

NK- Ok and Thanks!
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2009, 11:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    I have no bible. I don't follow that. You realize that was written 2,000 years ago right? Why would think it is relevant right now, in 2009?
    Good question

Quote Originally Posted by RadioActive697
    NK- why its relevant because its very important factual information. And we use stuff over 3,000 years ago to help us know in life because its relevant. period.
    -sigh-

Apr 24, 2010, 07:00 AM
    Excuse you all, but my friend autumn, is absouluty true. In the bible it does say that one day god will come back in a million years and kill all the un-saved souls. If you are saved you will be united with your families in heaven. Don't believe me go check out a book called The Holy Bible!

Apr 24, 2010, 07:04 AM

My friend Autumn, who is actually my friend was nice enough to let me post this quick answer and most likely you won't hear from me again. But anyway she is right. I'm not Jovah's Witiness but I know this to be true. One day God will be born again and will live for a million years on Earth. Then he will kill all the un-saved souls. Afterwards, all the saved people will be reunited with their families in heaven. If you don't believe me go check out a book called The Holy Bible.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2010, 08:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioActive697 View Post
    My friend Autumn, who is actually my friend was nice enough to let me post this quick answer and most likely you wont hear from me again. But anyway she is right. I'm not Jovah's Witiness but I know this to be true. One day God will be born again and will live for a million years on Earth. Then he will kill all the un-saved souls. Afterwards, all the saved people will be reunited with their families in heaven. If you don't believe me go check out a book called The Holy Bible.

Sadly you and your friend are grossly mistaken. There is no where in the bible that says any of that. God is everlasting, He was never born in the first place, so he cannot ever be born again. You really need to read the bible for yourself instead of taking false teachings from a "friend" who has their theology all screwed up. What book do they get this from?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2010, 10:55 AM
    Just a note from me...

This thread is now old and archived. So, it's no longer visible on the daily listings. When someone posts on it, the only way that others will see that a new post has been made will be if they actually happen to visit the forum topic area where it's located, or are notified that there's activity on the thread because they've already posted on it.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2010, 02:29 PM
    NK- Ok and Thanks!
    Why on earth did you give me a reddie today for a post that I did 6 months ago?
    What was factually incorrect about this:
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    I and my family function very well without that "factual" information. Good luck to you!
    ??

Apr 25, 2010, 08:01 AM

Guys I did not post this! I don't know how this even got here! When I loged in this was here. I'm sorry if you think I posted this but I promise I did not post this.
    Moparbyfar Posts: 262, Reputation: 49

Apr 26, 2010, 04:02 AM
    Afterwards, all the saved people will be reunited with their families in heaven.
    If your friend Autumn is a JW then she will tell you that according to the scriptures the survivors of Armageddon will be here on EARTH not in heaven. Seems that you may have got your wires a bit crossed somewhere. I do admire your passion though. :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am at the end of my rope [ 2 Answers ]

I need help with this one. It looks to me like Bi-polar disorder, but I am not qualified. For a few days out of a week, my wife is happy and "normal". About once a week, she will pick little fights with me over BS like small messes on the counter, work not being completed... essentially...

Is this the end [ 30 Answers ]

GOD!! I hate myself John, I don’t know what I’m doing, I don’t know what I’m feeling, I just want to crawl in a hole and die right now. No, I’m not suicidal, it was just an expression. I’m hurt John, I don’t know what to do. Every time I lash out at you and tell you how I feel the next...

Court Date for Violation is after the end of Probation? [ 2 Answers ]

I've been on probation for a year and a half for possession of marijuana. I get off probation on the 24th of November 2009, but I have a court date for violating probation on the 10th of December 2009. I'm just wondering what they can do to me, being that I will no longer be on probation when I...

Deciding whether to end a relationship? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, First, thank you for reading my post and providing me with your opinion. This is very difficult for me to write and I will try and keep it as short as possible. I have been in a 4 year relationship and have we have attempted to get married twice, each time postponed for many...

Usually irregular now cycle won't end. [ 1 Answers ]

I've had irregular periods since I started having my period, and typically my period lasts 3-4 days and I only get it every 2-3 months. The longest I went without having one was 6 months. I started my period 2 weeks ago and its still going strong and I'm starting to get worried. It's very heavy and...

View more questions Search