Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2009, 07:40 PM

I think anyone familiar with the bully's past could comfortably call him a bigot. He's been an aggressive bully for years and is only the liberal party leader because they are at an all time low.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2009, 08:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell View Post
    I think anyone familiar with the bully's past could comfortably call him a bigot. He's been an aggressive bully for years and is only the liberal party leader because they are at an all time low.
    I think you have judged the moment incorrectly, there was a viable alternative to Abbott and the party didn't take it. They wanted a strong personality, someone with a real opinion, not some party hack who would be nice to everyone. It the Liberal Party is to succeed it must demonstrate it has strong opinions on important issues, I just hope they don't find themselves putting out too many unpopular lines, but Abbott is right, Australia doesn't need to lead the world on climate change, the science is not conclusive on the cause or the solution and we have to put Australian families ahead of populist politics.
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2009, 09:48 PM

I happen to agree with you, particularly the comment "Australia doesn't need to lead the world on climate change, the science is not conclusive on the cause or the solution and we have to put Australian families ahead of populist politics".

I'm simply stating publicly held opinions of Tony Abbott. Not whether he is who the Liberal Party wanted or need.

Hockey was never a viable alternative. He would be demolished by Rudd. They have no-one. Julie Bishop is a disgrace, Hockey has no underbelly and the rest are even worse.
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2009, 10:21 PM
    I happen to agree with you, particularly the comment "Australia doesn't need to lead the world on climate change, the science is not conclusive on the cause or the solution and we have to put Australian families ahead of populist politics".

I'm simply stating publicly held opinions of Tony Abbott. Not whether or not he is who the Liberal Party wanted or need.

Hockey was never a viable alternative. He would be demolished by Rudd. They have no-one. Julie Bishop is a disgrace, Hockey has no underbelly and the rest are even worse.
    Hey from a leadership standpoint I would have rather seen Costello but he didn't stick around long enough to see Malcolm crash out, but you have to work with what you have. John Howard was once not well thought of and yet he made a good leader for a number of years. At least Abbott had the ticker to step up and face a leadership ballot
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2009, 04:08 PM

I agree except for the Costello.

Costello is a gutless wonder. If he had any balls he would have challenged Howard well before the last election and maybe they wouldn't have been hammered so badly. And maybe they wouldn't be in the position they are now.

And in my view a poor economist. Keating's time set Costello up for the cushy ride he got imo.
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2009, 10:46 PM
    I agree except for the Costello.

Costello is a gutless wonder. If he had any balls he would have challenged Howard well before the last election and maybe they wouldn't have been hammered so badly. And maybe they wouldn't be in the position they are now.

And in my view a poor economist. Keating's time set Costello up for the cushy ride he got imo.
    Can't agree about "skum bag" Keating, the benefits of any government's plan don't last that long, I just thought Costello was a class act in the parliament, not that he was a brave man. The last few years of Costello's reign set Krudd up and so it goes on, but Costello was the heir to a minerals boom, Keating had nothing to do with that. Now we have stumble bum Abbott, and Krudd, who won't be able to rise above the budgee smuggler jokes, so we are back to mediocre

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Climate change scam uncovered? [ 75 Answers ]

Someone has seemingly hacked emails from the University of East Anglia Climate Research Unit that appear to show a conspiracy to hide data that doesn't fit the climate change rhetoric. And yes, the director of the unit has said the emails seem to be genuine. Some samples: Hiding and...

EU Agrees Climate Change [ 95 Answers ]

Hello Today ahead of a meeting in Copenhagen it was agreed that the EU will fund the improvement of the newer states to help them bring into line their emissons News Sniffer - Revisionista 'EU strikes climate funding deal' diff viewer (2/3) The essence is the EU will offer some 100bn...

Envirmental or climate change" book which is in URDU language [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir, Hope you will be fine. I want to take some information about "envirmental or climate change" book which is in URDU language. Help me in this regard. Best Regard Thanks

More bad climate change news [ 1 Answers ]

Dead trees spewing greenhouse gases Darn that Bush. Better get out there and plant those trees, or is that bad for wildfires? How does something "slowly" spew anyway? That ain't all the bad news...

Climate change 'crisis' clearing up [ 25 Answers ]

With a hat tip to Walter Williams for the heads up, from Senator James Inhofe's blog... As Williams points out this is nothing new - but it is getting clearer that behind this whole climate change 'crisis' is an agenda to be furthered at all cost, much like the left's obsession with...

View more questions Search