Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Katannapr16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2006, 08:04 AM
    Under eye problems
    I am seeing something under my eyes that has just started. I have always had dark circles and learning to deal with this. BUT now I am getting little yellow pockets, almost like pimples. Does anyone know what they are and what I can do to get rid of them. It lookes horrible. I am over 50 and I sure hope I don't have to deal with these for the rest of my life.
    cuppycake Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2006, 10:11 AM
    There are lots of reasons and symptoms that this yellow rings could be, but if I was you I would go and see your GP/Doctor about it as soon as possible, not to worry you but just to get checked out. It could just be your hormones or lack of sleep.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Nov 10, 2006, 03:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Katannapr16
    I am seeing something under my eyes that has just started. I have always had dark circles and learning to deal with this. BUT now I am getting little yellow pockets, almost like pimples. Does anyone know what they are and what I can do to get rid of them. It lookes horrible. I am over 50 and I sure hope I don't have to deal with these for the rest of my life.

Most dark circles are caused by the veins beneath the thin skin under the eye. As we age and receive more sun damage to our facial skin, the thin skin under the eye can become thinner and wrinkled, which allows the veins in the fat pad under the eye to become more prominent. Dark circles cannot be erased, but can reduced. I've provided a lot information on the Beauty & skin Care forum on how to reduce the appearance of dark circles. You may want to read the threads and see if you can benefit from the answers.

The yellow pimple like pockets that has formed under your eyes are cyst or syringomas. Syrigomas or cyst can appear as skin-colored papules or bumps in the area around the eyes. Sometimes they are hereditary, or the cause is unknown. They can be treated and minimized with an electric needle or YAG laser. These procedures are easy and safe. I recommend that you consult a dermatologist for their expertise and treatment.
    missyconlon Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2006, 04:48 AM
    I also have syringomas. I have about 200 under my right eye. I know that sounds like a lot but it pretty much is all clumped together. I did have some of mine remove with a laser treatment when I lived in Alaska and now where she removed about 5 of them it is like a big fatty piece. I have since been back to a dermatologist and he said he would try and remove them but insurance doesn't cover it because they say it is cosmetic. I don't think it is because mine itch like crazy. I also have dark rings under my eyes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eye bags [ 8 Answers ]

Hey can someone tell me how to get rid of these bags. They are like dens bags the guy on eastenders they are light bags and I don't know how to get rid of them please help. I got these bags because I started to stay up late at night for months and now even when I go to sleep early nothing happens....

Eye colour [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I have unusual eye colour of the Iris, my eyes are brown around the pupil but the rest of the iris is blue, does anyone know what this eye type is called and why I have this unusual eye type?

Vein under only one eye [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm 17 currently, and I have always grown up with minor bags under my eyes. They have not been a really big deal, since I use a damp/cold cloth in the morning to reduce swelling. But, in the past year or so, an unsightly vein has appeared under my left eye. I use the cloth every morning to get...

Cats Eye [ 8 Answers ]

This morning my cat was lying in bed with me. I put her out while my husband was taking a shower because she has a fascination with water she actually loves it... After he was done with his shower he went into the living room to leave for work and my kitten came back in the bedroom with me. I...

View more questions Search