Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bonita-- Posts: 301, Reputation: 17

Nov 26, 2009, 08:52 AM
    Can allergies cause a dry cough?
    Back in September I got sick with a cough and a runny nose, it lasted about 4-5 days and went away, except my cough. It has been with me since and it seems to have gotten worse recently. It's a dry cough, there is no flem or anything with it. I went to the doctor and he told me that he thinks I'm allergic to something and he wants me to get tested for allergies. To me this sounded weird because I don't have a runny nose, I'm not sneezing, my sinuses are not plugged, I just have a dry cough. Is it possible to have allgeries and just have a cough or should I go to another doctor for a second opinion?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2009, 08:55 AM

Can allergies cause a dry cough?

You bet! <cough><cough> (the voice of experience).
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 26, 2009, 12:47 PM
    Yep. It can happen. Happens to my daughter every year. Allergy tabs get rid of it quite well.
    Bonita-- Posts: 301, Reputation: 17

Nov 27, 2009, 12:00 PM
    Oh OK, thanks! The doctor gave me some reactine pills but I haven't used them yet, I guess I will now. Does anyone have any idea what I could be allergic to? :S
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 27, 2009, 12:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonita-- View Post
    Does anyone have any idea what I could be allergic to? :S
    Since we don't live with you, nor do we know where you live, it's impossible for us to tell you what your allergy triggers may be.
    rosemcs Posts: 325, Reputation: 47

Nov 28, 2009, 10:31 PM

I get this after colds too and never figured out what it was... one doctor suggested maybe it was postnasal drip. A cool air humidifier at night helps it go away faster.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dishwasher soap stays dry in dispenser [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool dishwasher. It runs but when I open the door, the soap back is sitting, dry, in the dispenser. The dispenser door is open, but the soap is still there, undissolved. Water is getting in, but it ain't workin'. Ideas?

7 month old has REALLY DRY skin [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everyone. My 7 month old has REALLY DRY skin in different patches over her body. Not only just dry but rough to the touch. She just started crawling all over the place a couple weeks ago and she has had it since. I have burber carpet... What can I put on it or should I even put anything on it?...

Allergies - again [ 4 Answers ]

My GSD is having a terrible problem with allergies (again). I have changed her diet (now she's on venison and rice), which is making her even more miserable. She wants her kibble and dog food and chicken back! The Vet has placed her back on steroids and I see her personality changing before my...

Kenmore finishes the 'timed dry' cycle then moves to the 'air dry' cycle [ 0 Answers ]

Kenmore dryer keeps running through all timer cycles. You have to leave door open or pull the plug to stop it. Is this a major repair or part cost? Kenmore finishes the 'timed dry' cycle then moves to the 'air dry' cycle. What gives? -David

Allergies? [ 3 Answers ]

I know when you have a piercing infection you have to keep the ring on and clean it more and press it with hot water , but what if its not a infection but it's a allergic reaction to the jewellery what are you supposed to do ?

View more questions Search