Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    merleray Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2009, 03:16 AM
    how do I solve for theta if my chord length is 3.165 inches?
    I am attempting to find the distanceIf you know the radius (distance from the center to a vertex, see figure above) D ckly by e ath ng... yes I do know the radius, but - am using my smartphone , and I'm not seeing a figure above.
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2009, 06:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by merleray View Post
    I am attempting to find the distanceIf you know the radius (distance from the center to a vertex, see figure above) D ckly by e ath ng....yes I do know the radius, but - am useing my smartphone , and I'm not seeing a figure above.
    Assuming you mean a circle, to find the central angle(theta) when the radius and chord are known, use the formula for chord length and solve for theta.

Therefore,

Plug in your known radius, R, and you have it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Converting Slope arc Length to Flat Arc Length [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Given parameters are:- Slope arc length Angle on Slope

Pre-calc/ solving for theta [ 1 Answers ]

I missed a few pre-calc classes and I don't understand how to solve for theta. How do I do this problem?? heeeeelp please 2sin^2(theta)=3(1-cos(theta))^2

Chord progression list? [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone have better sites than torvund.net for chord progressions. And especially What's going on when a song starts on , say, the IV chord, please?

Finding Big O, theta, omega, little-o and little-w [ 1 Answers ]

f(n) = n / log n g(n) = log n (log (log n) ) all logs are base 2 the question is, is f(n) element of Ω (g(n)) f(n) element of O (g(n)) f(n) element of Θ (g(n)) f(n) element of w (g(n)) ...

Guitar chord [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone knows the guitar chords to Lips of an Angel by Hinder? :confused: I'm trying hard to learn the song by ear, so if anyone knows the chords, PLLLLEEEEZZZZ help me out on this? :D

View more questions Search