Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    colombianbbp13 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2009, 01:58 AM
    Is it my baby before born?
    Me and my girlfriend took a clear blue pregnancy test because she's been experiencing all the symptoms like itchy tender breasts, fatigued, and unusually hungry at times.. she says it would be about 3 weeks along but it kind of looks like she might be a little more along than she's saying.. I tried asking her and she wasn't the happiest camper in the world so I let it alone.. anyways is there anyway I can tell if the baby is mine before its actually born?
    nickolei Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2009, 02:51 AM

Talk with your girlfriendfdirst.. if you are sure your are the only one who slept with her, then it it yours.. she's the only one sho could tell you if that is your baby or not... ijust talk to her first and foremost..
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 26, 2009, 01:47 PM
    There is no way to tell until the baby is born and a paternity test is done.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Nov 26, 2009, 01:54 PM

They can test paternity by taking a sample of the amniotic fluid, but most doctors won't do so. The procedure is invasive and potentially harmful to the baby, as well as being expensive, and few doctors will consent unless there are outstanding circumstances involved.

I would suggest you just wait it out. You might decide in the end that you love her and the baby so much that you don't care if you're the father. Talk to her and take this time to think about rather or not you're ready to be a father and where you see your relationship going.

As for how far along she is; only a doctor can tell her that. Most pregnancy symptoms don't show up at only 3 weeks, though. Tell her to go to a doctor. An ultrasound will tell how far along she is.
    Expert

Nov 26, 2009, 02:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hheath541 View Post
    they can test paternity by taking a sample of the amniotic fluid, but most doctors won't do so. the procedure is invasive and potentially harmful to the baby, as well as being expensive, and few doctors will consent unless there are outstanding circumstances involved.
    Heath, this is possible, but I don't know ANY doctor that will do an amniocentesis strictly for purposes of paternity. The procedure carries some very serious risks, including miscarriage.

Amniocentesis is done for genetic malformations only, and typically if a mother is over the age of 38. Otherwise it is completely dismissed.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Nov 26, 2009, 02:15 PM

I know it's not used just to determine paternity. I was just pointing out that it is a possible method, even if it's not a practical one.

The OP asked if there was any way to know, so I felt it only fair to tell him that there is a method, no matter how unreasonable it is in this situation.
    Expert

Nov 26, 2009, 02:59 PM
    It's a possible method ONLY if the doctor is going to do an amniocentesis for other reasons.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Citizenship for new born baby [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was in US from last six month for job purpose on L1 visa with family and planning to go India next year. My wife has delivered Baby Boy last week. Now I have lot questions related to citizenship of new born baby. I don't know should I take for him US citizenship or dual citizenship. ...

Baby born before due date [ 1 Answers ]

My baby was born a month before his due date and he wasn't premature. What could have been the problem.

Baby might be born on Feb 29th [ 1 Answers ]

This is funny because I don't know what I'm going to do if this happen. If my baby is born on the 29th of February what am I suppose to do for my baby's first birthday next year?

H1B, with wife on H4 and one new born baby in US [ 3 Answers ]

I was on H1B since 2005 Oct. and got married in the same month, my wife came joining me from China in 2005 Dec and since then we haven't leave the states. My baby was born in 2006 Oct. and is almost 3 month old. Last year when I file 2005 Tax return I applied and received the Tax ID for my wife...

View more questions Search