Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hj3 Posts: 92, Reputation: 2

Nov 25, 2009, 08:38 PM
    Trying to find a good heavy duty or industrial paper shredder
    I'm trying to find a good heavy duty / industrial paper shredder within the $150 - $300 range if possible with all metal gears and internals. Any recommendations on where to look (stores, sites, specific company, etc.)? The reason I ask is because I'm getting fed up with buying shredders (budget type) only for them to break down and to go through trouble with the warranty department.

What I realize based on my last breakdown was that the budget shredders have plastic gears which break or wear down. This wouldn't be a problem, except that it's pretty hard to replace a single small gear let alone find them. I'd rather get a shredder built strong and sturdy with reliable internals this time around. Any recommendations? Thanks!
    CptJaneway Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Nov 29, 2009, 11:35 AM

Several years ago, I bought a DYNEX cross-cut shredder (model DX-OP102991) at an office supply store. It can take up to 10 sheets of paper at a time and chews like a fiend! Has a big catch basket.

Pretty sure the cost was under $100. Got more than my $$ worth!

Pretty sure I got it at Staples because I HATE office depot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Amana heavy duty electric dryer [ 1 Answers ]

What is a thermal fuse?

Kemore Heavy Duty 90 Seriies [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a washer that does not advance cycle to cyle, I have to manually do it myself. I bought it used and I am single and can not afford a new one or a repair man, Is this problem something I can fix on my own. Perhaps a new cycle box? Please someone let me know, I am not afraid to get my...

Kenmore Heavy Duty Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

My dryer went out and neighbor gave my a older model Kenmore Heavy Duty dryer and said it worked.When I plugged it up it worked fine but it concerns me because if you look behind it while its on and running there is a red glow.If its off its not there.Ive never seen a dryer do this before is it...

Kenmore Heavy Duty Dryer [ 3 Answers ]

The Heating Element is working, the belt is fine and there is power to my dryer but when you push the start button it does not start. Please help... Thanks.

Heavy duty webhosting question [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to start a site where people can listen to lots of audio programs. I believe that I need at least 2000GB of data transfer per month or more. I have googled but didn't find any dedicated servers that are giving more than 1500 GB of bandwidth. Can anyone suggest any good server....

View more questions Search